PDA

View Full Version : Howdie from Florence Y'all

MrNoSox
06-10-2008, 22:02
Northern Kentucky / Greater Cincinnati transient. Grew up in Alabama. Glad to be a part of the site!

TNbourbon
06-10-2008, 22:24
Florence, Ala., was a popular shopping destination while my now-late parents lived in Lawrenceburg, TN -- just 40 miles away -- in the early- to -mid-80s. I still try to make it down there once in a while, since a close friend from those days coaches the multi-championship Tuscumbia Deschler girls' basketball team.
Damn -- that was almost 30 years ago. Time flies:bigeyes:.
Anyway, welcome.

ACDetroit
06-11-2008, 08:10
Tim, he's from Florence KY, just across from Cincinnati. The water tower on South I-75 says "Welcome to Florence Y'all"

Welcome to the board Mr. NoSox! What brought you to bourbon? What are your regular pours? and What got you here? Hope you enjoy the place, there is a wealth of knowledge here and if you check the search function you can read for weeks, I know I have.

AC

TNbourbon
06-11-2008, 08:33
Tim, he's from Florence KY, just across from Cincinnati. The water tower on South I-75 says "Welcome to Florence Y'all"

Welcome to the board Mr. NoSox! What brought you to bourbon? What are your regular pours? and What got you here? Hope you enjoy the place, there is a wealth of knowledge here and if you check the search function you can read for weeks, I know I have.

AC

Well, okay -- but he said he grew up in Alabama, too, and that's the Florence I'm most familiar with (besides my late Aunt Florence, anyway). Will be passing through Florence, SC later this summer, too.
You know me -- I just go with the Flo:cool: ...

OscarV
06-11-2008, 12:48
Hey from KY to 'Bama it's all good.

Hey Tim, last month I passed by your area to and from 'Bama.
When I drove by the exits of Columbia and Spring Hill TN on I-65 I honked my horn.
Did you hear me?

TNbourbon
06-11-2008, 13:54
...When I drove by the exits of Columbia and Spring Hill TN on I-65 I honked my horn.
Did you hear me?

Ah, that's who that was!:cool: