PDA

View Full Version : What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2008

Pages : [1] 2

OscarV
06-30-2008, 14:12
We are 9 days into summer so I thought I'd kick off this new thread.

I picked up some Evan Williams with the 7 year old age statement, 2 750ml and 2 375ml today and a pre Heaven Hill fire Evan Williams Single barrel.

I also got a current Evan Williams to do a side-by-side taste.
And since I was out I got the always reliable Wild Turkey 101.

PhilsFan
06-30-2008, 15:52
I bought FR 120th....Called around and Liquor Barn, Party Mart, Party Outlet, Old Town and Liquor World are all out and don't expect more. Found it while looking for another bourbon in a small neighborhood store in Frankfort Ave/Brownsboro Road area.

Bottle & barrel numbers are posted in the 4 Roses thread.

-Joe

JamesW
06-30-2008, 17:12
Picked up a very dusty bottle of Very Special Old Fitz. I swear this has a very similar profile to the PVW15 and 20... just a little more alcohol rasp, not as smooth as they are.

ACDetroit
06-30-2008, 17:18
Came back from lunch today to find a package in my office :grin::bigeyes: ! Needless to say I was excited so I opened it up and...yeah baby 2 Old Weller Antique 107 Liters! Did I mention these were Gold Vein bottles!

Thank you again to the SB.com member for helpin a brother out!

Cheers!

Tony

P.S. Oscar? Let me know when you coming I'll have it open poured and ready for your arrival! :lol:

gblick
07-01-2008, 19:13
Today a Louisville Weller Centennial followed me home.

CorvallisCracker
07-01-2008, 19:32
Today a Louisville Weller Centennial followed me home.

Is your wife going to let you keep it?

gblick
07-01-2008, 20:01
Is your wife going to let you keep it?She didn't notice, and I didn't push the matter. ;)

ACDetroit
07-01-2008, 20:08
Nice grab Gus! I'm drinking some Centennial right now! 13 yr old Julio's bottle! That Louisville should give this one a run for the money! I've had several, all good one of them bought killed me! Could not keep away from it and it lasted less than a week!:frown:

Tony

callmeox
07-02-2008, 13:45
To fulfill requests from home, I picked up a Stagg and a Sazerac 18 today. I think I'm keeping the store in business this week.

SippinJim
07-02-2008, 15:08
A bottle Buffalo Trace hitched a ride in my truck a week or so ago.

TroyM
07-02-2008, 17:36
Van Winkle Rye, Baby Saz and a WTRR101

Mattythebeer
07-02-2008, 20:26
picked up a new bottle of knobs creek this afternoon. its quickly becominig my favorite bourben.

HipFlask
07-02-2008, 22:10
Well, I walked into the store to buy a $12.99 bottle of Rittenhouse Rye BIB 100. Instead they had it for $17.99. So I walked out with a $16.00 bottle of WT Rye and a $74.99 bottle of GTS 144.8 proof. Last December that was $54.99. These prices are jumping up faster than gas! Ya I know I sound like a whiner but 33%(roughly right) price increases is kinda crazy. Perhaps this is just an adjustment of my reality?? also I am very happy with the stag and the turk.

SBOmarc
07-02-2008, 22:14
Saz Jr. The other one is looking a bit sparse at the moment.

Manhattans in my future. Any suggestions on a "summer" version?

fitzharry
07-03-2008, 00:35
I bought two bottles of Virginia Gentleman 90 today; if I like this bourbon (I have no doubt that I will!) I will go back and buy a couple more tomorrow for the long Fourth of July weekend.

WhiskeyRiver
07-03-2008, 07:15
A new bottle of Russell's Reserve is waiting for me on the counter.

callmeox
07-03-2008, 09:12
Well, my first foray into hunting dusties and stuff that I can't get at home produced this:

A 375 of Old Forester Bonded distilled DSP KY354/bottled DSP KY414

A 750 of Old Charter 10 with an 88076 UPC

A 750 of Eagle Rare 10/101 with the black label, bottled by Old Prentice in New Orleans

Sadly, I had to pass on a Wild Turkey 12 in a tube as my vacation bourbon budget has disappeared. I didn't have the 57 bucks to drop on it. :frown:

smokinjoe
07-03-2008, 09:32
Well, my first foray into hunting dusties and stuff that I can't get at home produced this:

A 375 of Old Forester Bonded distilled DSP KY354/bottled DSP KY414

A 750 of Old Charter 10 with an 88076 UPC

A 750 of Eagle Rare 10/101 with the black label, bottled by Old Prentice in New Orleans

Sadly, I had to pass on a Wild Turkey 12 in a tube as my vacation bourbon budget has disappeared. I didn't have the 57 bucks to drop on it. :frown:

Ohmygosh! Did that tube contain the cheesy gold foil? If it did, run back and get it, and trade or sell with me!!!:D

JOE

gblick
07-03-2008, 13:48
Today I received a bottle of the FR120th, thanks to a nice SB member who sent it my way!

Also, in my hunting that I like to do while I'm out and about, I found a Louisville VSOF 12yo BHC, woohoo! I've never had one of these, I've had a Frankfork but never a Louisville bottling of this.

mozilla
07-03-2008, 13:58
Today I received a bottle of the FR120th, thanks to a nice SB member who sent it my way!

Also, in my hunting that I like to do while I'm out and about, I found a Louisville VSOF 12yo BHC, woohoo! I've never had one of these, I've had a Frankfork but never a Louisville bottling of this.

Um...you sure on that one G? VSOF has never left Louisville, to my knowledge.

But congrats just the same! That is a wonderful bourbon. Very Special is an apt title.

gblick
07-03-2008, 14:05
Um...you sure on that one G? VSOF has never left Louisville, to my knowledge.I'm just about absolutely certain. Later tonight I'll check on one that I still have bunkered and if it's from Frankfort I'll post a picture.

mozilla
07-03-2008, 14:12
BT has never owned Fitzgerald. HH bought it from Diageo at the same time BT picked up Weller. I am really interested in seeing your picture....that would be a nice twist in the Bourbon Time Continuem.
....looking forward.....:duel:

gblick
07-03-2008, 14:26
I'm starting to think I must be confused between VSOF and Weller Centennial, but I'll still check anyway.

barturtle
07-03-2008, 14:36
I picked up a grab bag of 6 different 200ml bottles in preparation for my next VBT notes. I plan to actually blind taste one of these (reach into bag of bottles blindfolded, pour, and put bottle back into bag...then taste as normal...look to see which one is open later) to do my tasting notes. I must say you can get a pretty damn good selection of 200mls here in KY...

mozilla
07-03-2008, 14:37
Which ever one of us is wrong has to drink some VSOF and send a cheers to the other one. Deal?

gblick
07-03-2008, 18:06
Which ever one of us is wrong has to drink some VSOF and send a cheers to the other one. Deal?You were correct, I got mixed up between VSOF and Weller Centennial. I was confused, and now I'm gettin' cornfused with a toast to your bourbon knowledge with some of this VSOF 12yo.

Cheers! :toast:

mozilla
07-03-2008, 18:25
You were correct, I got mixed up between VSOF and Weller Centennial. I was confused, and now I'm gettin' cornfused with a toast to your bourbon knowledge with some of this VSOF 12yo.

Cheers! :toast:

Ahhh....I love it.....CORNFUSED! I might just have to borrow that, LMA.

callmeox
07-04-2008, 08:45
In the tradition of a blind squirrel occasionally finding a nut, I grabbed the cheesy gold foil WT12 from the store up the street this morning.

The nice little owner lady asked "Are you a collector?"

I said that I wasn't, but my wife may give a different answer to that question.

hjminard
07-04-2008, 09:51
Given the choices this morning at Meijer (not exactly a bourbon destination!), I couldn't resist the relative bargain that is Elijah Craig 12 y/o at $19 and change.

fitzharry
07-04-2008, 14:21
Today was a grand day, in that I picked up three bottles of 2007 George T. Stagg and two bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 15/107.

There is no better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than with a couple of drinks of fine bourbon whiskey!

callmeox
07-04-2008, 17:04
It's too late to edit my other posts in this thread, so here's a pic of the weeks take from Myrtle Beach. Some of it has been purchased at the request of others, so it's not all mine (unfortunately).

http://lh5.ggpht.com/w8oxi.ham/SG65ceZRsEI/AAAAAAAAB8o/3hl2e6ryUdU/s800/IMG_1847.JPG

texascarl
07-04-2008, 19:09
Wild Turkey Rare Breed - on sale no less!

ILLfarmboy
07-05-2008, 18:50
I trekked down to Peoria and picked up a bottle of Van Winkle "lot b". Also a bottle of Stranahan's.

I did a little dusty bottle hunting and came across a half gallon of WT "old Number 8" for a split second I got exited cause thought it was the old age stated "8 year". I left it on the shelf.

I did pick up a pint bottle of Old Taylor. Somewhat worn label but no tax strip. I was more concerned about paying the man and getting out of there. Seedy part of town and the "elevator music" playing in the store was rap.......... you get the picture. It wasn't till I got in the truck that I saw it was only 80 proof with the words "Frankfort, KY*Clermont, KY" clearly stated above the proof. :rolleyes:

fitzharry
07-05-2008, 22:40
Today I picked up another five bottles of the Pappy Van Winkle 15 Year Old 107 proof bourbon--I've now got seven bottles of this elixir in my bunker.

gblick
07-06-2008, 18:44
Yesterday I picked up some WTRR101, I'm liking this stuff more and more these days, and what a bargain!

spun_cookie
07-06-2008, 20:05
ER 17yr, 2005
Vintage Rye 23yr....

both sound good...

Special Reserve
07-07-2008, 12:54
Picked up a Weller Centennial and a WTKS pewter bottled on 10-17-94

Josh
07-07-2008, 14:13
Last week I managed to pick up a few things during my vacay to the Promised Land. Inspired by callmeox, here's a photo:

The five wine bottles in back are from Talon and Jean Farris Wines.

The HR was $27.99, some sort of special deal with Liquor Barn. And yes, the wife does collect coffee mugs.

HighTower
07-07-2008, 15:33
Nice pic Josh, that's a great deal on Hancock's Reserve. I keep wanting to buy one but when Binny's have it for $49.99 and I see people paying nearly half that it turns me away. Plus, there's always something better to buy!

Scott

Last week I managed to pick up a few things during my vacay to the Promised Land. Inspired by callmeox, here's a photo:

The five wine bottles in back are from Talon and Jean Farris Wines.

The HR was $27.99, some sort of special deal with Liquor Barn. And yes, the wife does collect coffee mugs.

smokinjoe
07-07-2008, 15:54
Nice pic Josh, that's a great deal on Hancock's Reserve. I keep wanting to buy one but when Binny's have it for $49.99 and I see people paying nearly half that it turns me away. Plus, there's always something better to buy!

Scott

I could swear that I read that BT was whacking the price on the Hancock's, from the >$40 to +/- $28, some time ago. Maybe, a year or more ago. Maybe, this is the welcome reduction? If I find it for that, I'll buy it.

JOE

Special Reserve
07-07-2008, 16:40
HR is >$50/bottle in MI.

Virus_Of_Life
07-07-2008, 19:10
Pretty happy with what I got today! Never thought I'd see one of these other than, and honestly never new it existed before seeing, the one Dan (Schlep) opened at the Gazebo during the Sampler weekend. Anyway I believe this is the same Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot "B" that he opened which was the original issue bottled from something other than S-W, Boone I believe was the conversation while it was being sampled at the General Nelson.

Josh
07-07-2008, 20:36
HR is >$50/bottle in MI.

That's why I lept on the opportunity to buy it in KY. Even accounting for gas money it was a bargain. I almost bought a case of the stuff.

Josh
07-07-2008, 20:47
I could swear that I read that BT was whacking the price on the Hancock's, from the >$40 to +/- $28, some time ago. Maybe, a year or more ago. Maybe, this is the welcome reduction? If I find it for that, I'll buy it.

JOE

Let's hope so. I last saw it up here >$40. I never bought it b/c I figured at that price you might as well just buy the Blanton which is the same stuff (allegedly) but better (allegedly). Plus the label's ugly.

mozilla
07-08-2008, 06:37
Pretty happy with what I got today! Never thought I'd see one of these other than, and honestly never new it existed before seeing, the one Dan (Schlep) opened at the Gazebo during the Sampler weekend. Anyway I believe this is the same Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot "B" that he opened which was the original issue bottled from something other than S-W, Boone I believe was the conversation while it was being sampled at the General Nelson.

Are you saying that the L-berg Lot B is from Boone? Mine sure does resemble SW.

BourbonJoe
07-08-2008, 06:56
I don't know about early lot-B, but Pappy 20 & 23 Lawrenceburg in the green glass bottles are purported to be Boone whiskey, which is rye based.
Joe :usflag:

chilidawg7
07-08-2008, 14:48
Not a bourbon, but I picked up a bottle of Bernheim Wheat Whiskey. Anxious to see how it measures up against some of my favorite wheaters.

OldJack
07-08-2008, 14:59
Two bottles of Eagle Rare 10yo 101 proof made at Old Prentice.

B1bomber
07-08-2008, 15:17
Travelled through Delaware, Pennsylvania, Ohio and southern Michigan this past week... found quite a few bottles that I can't get here in New Jersey....

In Delware... Old Taylor, Virginia Gentleman (not the Fox, but rather the plain white and red label), Ezra Brooks 90, Bourbon Supreme

In Pennsylvania.... Mark Twain, Ancient Age 6 yr, Buffalo Trace

In Ohio.... Ezra Brooks 7 yr 101 proof, and -- best buy of the week: Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit (wood top) for only $31 (costs about $49 here in NJ)

In Michigan... Old Charter 10 yr

I know most of those aren't world-class, but all were under $20 other than the WTKS. So far I've only had the Old Charter and the Buff Trace. Both are good but I rate the Buff a bit higher. OC isn't bad though, given the price.

Virus_Of_Life
07-08-2008, 18:31
Are you saying that the L-berg Lot B is from Boone? Mine sure does resemble SW.

I don't know about early lot-B, but Pappy 20 & 23 Lawrenceburg in the green glass bottles are purported to be Boone whiskey, which is rye based.
Look at the label close Jeff, it isn't just L'burg it is actually slightly different graphically. The oval from the typical Lot "b" label isn't on there as well an all around slightly different appearance. I'll do a side by side photo later to make it more obvious. This first release in this label is not S-W from what I learned at the gazebo this past April, the L'burg label with the oval and other graphic changes was as far as I know. This bottle is green glass as well.

mozilla
07-08-2008, 18:47
Yes, I can now see that there are some differences. Yours appears to predate mine for sure. Neck ring and front label changed slightly with the addition of the website below distilling info. What is on the sides of your label....some sort of writing? How about the back label...one or two stickers?

How do these fit in with the lot A bottling? Where are the bottle dates?

cigarnv
07-09-2008, 06:10
EW BIB white label.... very nice bourbon for the price...

bromike666
07-10-2008, 09:43
4 x Four Roses 120 Anniv.

NorCalBoozer
07-10-2008, 12:48
picked up two Old Charter PR 13, one in the Tall bottle and an OGD 100 bonded.

Looking forward to the tall Charter....looks to be bottled about 10 years ago...so distilled mid 80's.

Hondo
07-13-2008, 06:37
Four Roses Small Batch. Can't wait to get in to this a little more today.

fishnbowljoe
07-13-2008, 07:11
I've been good for a couple of weeks now. Couldn't take it any more. Stopped on the way home last night and ended up with a bottle of Old Grand Dad 114. I'll probably try it tonight. Joe

Schpyder
07-13-2008, 13:45
I was in Chicago last weekend visiting my sister, and hit up Binny's. Picked up a bottle of ETL ($7 cheaper there than here in MI), their hand-selected Buffalo Trace (about $6 cheaper than here in MI :hot:), and a bottle of Old Fitz 1849 with the "charcoal filtered" sticker over the old age statement. I'd really wanted the 8 year old version, but was pleasently surprised with how good the NAS 1849 was. Was also disappointed not to find an AAA of any stripe. I also picked up a bottle of the Kubler Absinthe while I was at Binny's, and in short order here, I'm going to whip out my bottle of baby Saz and some Peychaud's and make a genuine, honest-to-god Sazerac. :cool:

This last Friday night, I picked up a bottle of Old Charter 10yo, with the new label design. Also quite enjoyable.

Special Reserve
07-13-2008, 14:29
On my way home from work today, I decided to drive by a restaurant that was about a mile from where I work in a direction opposite to where I live. The restaurant looked nice but immediately across the street was a liquor store that I had been in within the past year, but I thought what the hell take a look.

Well they had an average bourbon collection nothing special. While looking around a bit I noticed some older non-bourbon bottles so I started to pay close attention, suddenly into view was an Old Fitzgerald Bottle in Bond with a tax strip. Distilled in Spring of 1973 and bottled in the Fall of 1979. Long before I saw the DSP-KY-16 I knew I was going to purchase that bottle.

Now, for what occasions should I open this find, this nectar that was distilled during my last bachelor days and 3 years before fatherhood? To celebrate my daughter getting her PhD, or perhaps a job, marriage? Who knows! Whatever it is it will keep until then.

Will

ACDetroit
07-13-2008, 15:03
On my way home from work today, I decided to drive by a restaurant that was about a mile from where I work in a direction opposite to where I live. The restaurant looked nice but immediately across the street was a liquor store that I had been in within the past year, but I thought what the hell take a look.

Well they had an average bourbon collection nothing special. While looking around a bit I noticed some older non-bourbon bottles so I started to pay close attention, suddenly into view was an Old Fitzgerald Bottle in Bond with a tax strip. Distilled in Spring of 1973 and bottled in the Fall of 1979. Long before I saw the DSP-KY-16 I knew I was going to purchase that bottle.

Now, for what occasions should I open this find, this nectar that was distilled during my last bachelor days and 3 years before fatherhood? To celebrate my daughter getting her PhD, or perhaps a job, marriage? Who knows! Whatever it is it will keep until then.

Will

Man Will you have been hit gold lately. Nice work glad to see you out hunting it up. Great find, I've never seen a O Fitz BIB in Michigan so Kudos on a great find.

Tony

Special Reserve
07-13-2008, 15:28
First one I've seen. The bourbon slush fund has been busy. Fortunately not all the activity has been debits.

Will

bigtoys
07-13-2008, 17:47
4 x Four Roses 120 Anniv.

Which barrel?

You should post the info here,

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9115&page=15

where we're collecting data on what 4R120's we've accumulated.

bromike666
07-13-2008, 19:09
Which barrel?

You should post the info here,

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9115&page=15

where we're collecting data on what 4R120's we've accumulated.

Will do as soon as they get here!

Rake
07-13-2008, 23:20
I picked up a couple of the last ORVW 10/107s in the area. It's getting nearly impossible to find them.

Left a BTEC Cab Franc behind, though. $70? Thanks, but no.

cigarnv
07-14-2008, 03:31
Virginia Gentleman 90 and a EW BIB. Really impressed by the EW BIB for the $$. First time I have seen it at a VABC store.

chilidawg7
07-15-2008, 11:15
Found a gem of a store today about 25 minutes from my house. I also searched around local ABC stores, but this place had a better selection AND lower prices.

Picked up a bottle of Pappy 15. There were 3 or 4 bottles of Lot B and 3 Pappy 20s on the shelf, but I let those be. For now.

OscarV
07-15-2008, 12:25
Wild Turkey Rare Breed WT-03RB.

I have been drinking a bottle of this for a while now and I have grown very fond of it.
It's better than other Rare Breed's I have had.
I recently heard from a knowledgeble source, (ACDetroit) that a lot of people say this is one of the best Rare Breed release's.

So I stopped off today and grab another.

Gillman
07-15-2008, 15:49
I agree with Tony.

Gary

ratcheer
07-15-2008, 15:59
I just bought a 750 of Old Grand Dad 86-proof for $11. Nothing special, just for an everyday pour.

Tim

ACDetroit
07-15-2008, 19:09
Thank you kind Sir (that'd be you Gary...oh and Oscar).

Today I had a late meeting North of Detroit and had been in this store many times before, always find something good but had cleaned him out I thought.

(3) Centennial's Frkft's (still on shelf)
(1) Slope Shoulder OCPR 13 yr (still on shelf)
(2) ER 101's ( the price was not great but I took them both)

The BHC stuff has been requested by another member so I will go back and grab them just not today.

The Eagle's are safe at home now! :cool:

Tony

jwevan01
07-16-2008, 07:34
Been on purchasing binge over the last few days. Started at a Rite-Aid in Louisville in the clearance cart.

AA BIB 1.75L $18.99 Clearance (all gone)
Weller SR 1.75L $22.99 on sale (plenty left)

Found some Frankfort Weller Centennial for $28.99 (got last 2)

Restocked on EC18 ($40.99), ETL ($24.99), and FRSB ($22.99) at the Liquor Barn on Fern Valley.

Also located some Four Roses 120 and posted the informtion below in barrel/proof/number thread:

picked up 3 bottles today. One was at the Liquor Barn on Fern Valley and had somehow been misplaced in the back so they moved it out to the case. I got the two others at a different place. There were 4 more available. If any members are interested, contact me privately and I'll
pass on the location. The bottle from the Liquor Barn was 7-1F-52.4% and numbered 302. The other two were 7-1M-55.5% and numbered 1188 and 1236. The other four were all 7-1M-55.5%, didn't see the numbers.

Joel

HighTower
07-16-2008, 15:21
6 x Four Roses 120th (3 @ 56.4% & 3 @ 58%) will post bottle numbers when they turn up.
Also 2 x Russell's Reserve 90 and 2 x Russell's Reserve Rye.

My credit card is trying to run away!!

Scott

CorvallisCracker
07-16-2008, 15:34
Not bourbon, but a bottle of McCarthys single malt, bottled yesterday according to the label. Delivered to OR liquor stores today (typically a six bottle allotment) and will likely all be gone by this time tomorrow.

Schpyder
07-17-2008, 18:48
Not bourbon, but a bottle of McCarthys single malt, bottled yesterday according to the label. Delivered to OR liquor stores today (typically a six bottle allotment) and will likely all be gone by this time tomorrow.

Oooh, what proof is it bottled at? The bottle I got at Binny's back in March is 85 proof, and there's a couple dusties on the shelves at B&B here in GR with the old 80 proof. It's a fantastic dram, I hope some of the new bottling makes it out of OR.

CorvallisCracker
07-17-2008, 18:56
Oooh, what proof is it bottled at? The bottle I got at Binny's back in March is 85 proof, and there's a couple dusties on the shelves at B&B here in GR with the old 80 proof. It's a fantastic dram, I hope some of the new bottling makes it out of OR.

85 proof.

I thought this was the first time it had been bottled above 80, but I guess not.

It may also be that there was a release earlier in the year. The bottle I bought is marked "Batch No. W08-02"

My tasting notes are here (http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=130833#post130833).

Schpyder
07-17-2008, 19:18
I do believe yours is the first bottling that is batch-marked. None of the previous ones (including my 85 proofer) have any distinctive markings at all. Given the demand for the stuff, it's a really smart move on Steve's part, and can only help drive interest.

And your tasting notes closely mirror my own impressions of McCarthy's. Sweet and peaty, in a lovely balance.

fishnbowljoe
07-17-2008, 22:18
A bottle of BT (Everett's bottling), a bottle of Weller Antique 107, a bottle of Old Fitz 100 proof BIB, and two bottles of Rebel Yell. Please don't ask about the Rebel Yell.:rolleyes: Joe

jpact
07-18-2008, 15:31
I came across and bought an EWSB 1994 today at a grocery store near my workplace. Yes, it was actually dusty. The highlight of my day!

mech82000
07-18-2008, 15:53
Went looking for BOTM-American Spirit, no luck!
Decided to stock up on bang for the buck bottlings instead.
Weller Antique 107, Elijah Craig 12, and Russel's Reserve Rye.
The liquor store had a newly arrived shipment of original recipe Schlitz beer, and it was selling fast, so I grabbed 2 6 packs of bottles.
I read an article in The Milwaukee Journal a couple of weeks ago about how Schlitz went from the #1 brewer in the u.s. to closing their doors
in a matter of 5 years. Article stated this was primarily due to a change in the original recipe to get stock on shelves faster, to keep up with the #2 brewer, Anheiser Busch.
Have the Schlitz chiling now, hopefully it will taste like "The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous"

Eggman
07-18-2008, 21:52
Howdy,

Baker's. $42 OTD in Bossier City, La. My favorite Bourbon.

Eggman

nor02lei
07-19-2008, 07:39
Got bottles yesterday. For the behalf of Borlänge bourbon boys I got Evan Williams 15 Y and OGDBIB from the seventies. For myself I got Old Hickory 8 Y and Seagram’s Benchmark 6 Y both from the seventies. The later say distilled and bottled in Louisville. I wonder witch distillery that could be?

Leif

smokinjoe
07-19-2008, 10:30
I came across and bought an EWSB 1994 today at a grocery store near my workplace. Yes, it was actually dusty. The highlight of my day!

You lucky dog! The 1994 is my favorite of that series. Great find.

:toast:

JOE

hjminard
07-19-2008, 12:03
Buffalo Trace. Old hat for most of ya'll, but new to me!

PhilsFan
07-19-2008, 14:38
I took a road trip to check out liquor stores in Frankfort, KY...while there I stopped at Buffalo Trace Distillery gift shop to pick up an Old Rip Van Winkle distillers glass. While there I asked about George T Stagg and the people at the counter said that someone had left them a note about 2 bottles still available at the Beaumont Liquor Barn off Harrodsburg Rd in Lexington. They called the Liquor Barn to confirm and sure enough, they still had 2 bottles...so I drove another 30 miles through the beautiful horse country along Versailles Rd to Lexington and picked up a bottle (144.8 proof) for $60.99.

As far as I know, there's still one bottle of GTS left at Liquor Barn, Beaumont Ctr.

-Joe

craigthom
07-19-2008, 14:54
Did you take the scenic route by Old Crow, Old Taylor, and Woodford Reserve?

PhilsFan
07-19-2008, 16:04
I know I was close to Woodford, but didn't stop... I didn't even do the tour at BT, as I'm probably going to do that in August...
I did go past the Castle and Keeneland on my way to Liquor Barn, though.

-Joe

chilidawg7
07-21-2008, 09:51
EWSB

Barreled on 11-18-97
Barrel no. 847
Bottled on 10-29-07

HighTower
07-22-2008, 04:52
I had a WT Tribute turn up in the mail today, can't complain about that!
I also got given a box of Riedel Bourbon glasses! Must be my lucky day!

Scott

chilidawg7
07-22-2008, 10:16
Finally ran across some Old Forester 100 today. Been looking for it for a while, just wish they had more than one bottle.

Also saw an OF Birthday Bourbon 2005 Edition, a bottle of Woodford Reserve Four Grain, but left those for another time.

GOCOUGS2002
07-22-2008, 10:55
I hit my one year mark over here in Iraq this week; with less than 90 days from redeployment I decided it was time to start stocking the house for my return. This is what I will have waiting for me when I fly home in October:

FOUR ROSES 120TH ANNIVERSARY BARREL STRENGTH BOURBON WHISKEY (2 BOTTLES)

HIRSCH RESERVE 16YR BOURBON WHISKEY

OLD GRAND DAD 100 PROOF BONDED

OLD FORESTER SIGNATURE 100 PROOF

EAGLE RARE 10YR SINGLE BARREL

ELIJAH CRAIG 12YR BOURBON WHISKEY

EVAN WILLIAMS SINGLE BARREL

EVAN WILLIAMS 1783 BOURBON

fishnbowljoe
07-22-2008, 14:15
Sounds like a plan Jason. Nice choices. How many days now till homecoming?Joe

callmeox
07-22-2008, 18:07
Great choices, Jason. The 120th is certainly a pour to savor.

Today, I added WT Rye, Rittenhouse BIB and a bottle of Clear Creek Kirschwasser to the the collection. I need to empty some others before I open them, though. Sheez.

GOCOUGS2002
07-23-2008, 10:21
Sounds like a plan Jason. Nice choices. How many days now till homecoming?Joe

86 days left out of a 455 day deployment. It looks like I will have at least two years before I have to come back for a third tour, however with everything in the military it depends on the needs of the Army.

I am looking forward to spending time with the wife and have a drink or two out of the new stash.

PhilsFan
07-23-2008, 19:10
Two FR 120th, Barrel 7-1L 57.4%.

-Joe

chilidawg7
07-23-2008, 19:40
Good day today. Went hunting and came home with the following:

Old Forester Signature
Elijah Craig 12
Very Special Old Fitzgerald
and a bottle of Weller Centennial - for a friend's birthday present.

Saw my first actual dusty bottle today. It was EWSB 93 edition. I passed, but made a note of the store in case I got the urge one day.

jburlowski
07-24-2008, 14:41
My wife asked me to stop and get a bottle of Tanqueray Rampur gin "and nothing else". Found an orphan bottle of WTAS on the shelf. I explained that it was BOTM and I had to get it. (for the bunker)

Thanks to Cameron for the excuse.

ggilbertva
07-24-2008, 14:45
After many months of no purchases, I was able to pick up a couple bottles of VOB BIB for ~$12 each.

OscarV
07-24-2008, 16:54
I love SB.com.
Today I recieved, with the help of a fellow SB.com memeber a package full of goodies. Christmas in July!!

1 Wild Turkey Gold Foil
1 Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit 2001 pewter top
1 Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve Louisville
4 WLWeller Centennial
3 Eagle Rare 101 New Orleans 1 liters
And a bottle of Copper Fox Virginia Whisky, this one is aged in applewood chips.
I have the Kopper Kettle from the same folks, look forward to trying it.

Proving once again that it is not what you know but who you know.
Right, ThomasH?

chilidawg7
07-24-2008, 17:45
My last day of shopping for a while provided me with a bottle of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon - 2007 edition.

fishnbowljoe
07-24-2008, 19:37
Made out again. Got a couple of liter bottles of Woodford Reserve from my sons friend. Woodford just doesn't sell in the bar he manages, so he let me have both bottles for $30. Need to find some more deals like this.:grin: Joe

PhilsFan
07-25-2008, 16:25
Another FR 120th. Barrel and bottle numbers in the FR 120th thread.

-Joe

fishnbowljoe
07-25-2008, 20:30
Stopped and got a bottle of Old Fitz 100 proof BIB for a fellow SBer. Couldn't resist, picked up to bottles of Weller Antique 107 for the bunker. Was hoping to get a bottle of Riitenhouse Rye 100 proof, but they're still out. Joe

HighTower
07-25-2008, 21:53
Was gifted a bottle of FR 120th!

That's what friends are for!!:grin:

Scott

ggilbertva
07-28-2008, 19:40
Through the generosity of two SB.com members, I've added some ER 10/101 (N.O.) and a FR120 to my collection. You know who you are so, thank you!

chilidawg7
07-29-2008, 14:32
Purchased 2 bottles of Woodford Reserve Four Grain today for some friends. This is one of the few times I've been able to find something here in Florida that they couldn't find in their neck of the woods.

wadewood
07-29-2008, 18:39
Purchased 2 bottles of Woodford Reserve Four Grain today for some friends. This is one of the few times I've been able to find something here in Florida that they couldn't find in their neck of the woods.

I hope they are still friends after they taste this :lol:

Rake
07-29-2008, 19:14
This weekend: Another EWSB '95.

Today: Found Rittenhouse BIB for under $15 and had to have one.

fishnbowljoe
08-02-2008, 20:21
Was out and about today. Hadn't planned on getting much, if anything. Wrong! Ended up stopping at a few places and picking up some stuff to bunker. One bottle of ER 10/90, one bottle of Weller Antique, and one bottle of Weller 12 yr old. Also found something I've been looking for, for a long time. :woohoo: It's not a bourbon, but it is a whiskey. If it's good I will unveil it at the Gazebo during the KBF. Joe

craigthom
08-02-2008, 20:46
A couple of days ago I picked up a few bottles of ER101. They were $20. I think there are eight bottles left. If anyone in, say, the western part of Georgia or Eastern Alabama wants to know where they are, drop me a PM.

Today I picked up a couple that I am pretty sure are S-W. Both have faux tax strips and the little Georgia tax decals. One is 1849, 8yo. The other is a 1.75 of Rebel Yell. It's 80 proof NAS, but I think the bottle says "88" on the bottom, and it does have the faux tax strip and real state tax sticker. 1849 was about $14 (I bought both bottles). Rebel Yell was $19 (big bottle, remember). I bought one and left one on the shelf.

Attila
08-03-2008, 05:19
Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr
Very Old St Nick Winter Rye
WT Kentucky Legend (for a friend)
WT MDS 14 (for a friend)

Not a bad day's shopping. :)

HighTower
08-03-2008, 06:44
Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr
Very Old St Nick Winter Rye
WT Kentucky Legend (for a friend)
WT MDS 14 (for a friend)

Not a bad day's shopping. :)

Not a bad day's shopping at all, David!

I have heard good things about the Old St Nick Winter Rye
Damn all these Japan only releases!

Scott

jburlowski
08-03-2008, 12:05
Snared a couple Weller 12's... good to see it back.

callmeox
08-03-2008, 15:18
Thanks to a generous and eagle eyed SB'er, I am now the proud owner of:

Slope Shouldered Old Charter 13
WTRR101
Jacobs Well
Benchmark Single Barrel

It was a short road trip worth making today.

OscarV
08-03-2008, 15:45
It was a short road trip worth making today.

Hmm, sounds familiar, Cleveland to Alliance?

closetbourbonlvr
08-03-2008, 18:45
Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage.

Really nice bottle. They hand write the date it went into the barrel, the date is went into the bottle and the barrel number. Kind of thought it was a nice personal touch whether those markings are legit or not.

Kind of kicking myself now b/c 8-1-98 my wife and I were married and 8-1-08 was our 10th year. Wish I had thought of that. We would have requested one that matched that date. If that was possible.

The bourbon itself tastes very sweet to me. Nice

Also got a small bottle of Makers Mark by way of my wife dipping it on the tour.

Virus_Of_Life
08-06-2008, 00:17
Was in a neck of the woods unfamiliar to me and found a Louisville Weller Centennial! Awesome, this to me is pretty much the best bourbon value ever, IMHO it's every bit as good as Pappy20 (if not better) at less than half the cost. I could never have enough of these!

HighTower
08-06-2008, 04:58
Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage.

Kind of kicking myself now b/c 8-1-98 my wife and I were married and 8-1-08 was our 10th year. Wish I had thought of that. We would have requested one that matched that date. If that was possible.

If it makes you feel any better, I would doubt that would be possible.
I doubt there would be any that would dumped and bottled 10 years later to the day.

Would make a nice keepsake, though.

Scott

closetbourbonlvr
08-06-2008, 14:32
If it makes you feel any better, I would doubt that would be possible.
I doubt there would be any that would dumped and bottled 10 years later to the day.

Would make a nice keepsake, though.

Scott

Would be the exception to the "no unopend bottles" rule.

chilidawg7
08-06-2008, 15:50
Picked up a bottle of WT Kentucky Spirit today. Local shop is going out of business, so I had to drop in and help him liquidate some of his inventory.

barturtle
08-09-2008, 21:48
Dickel #8...in a wonderful display of irony, it was sitting on the shelf labeled "Cascade Hollow"

bluesbassdad
08-09-2008, 22:16
Dickel #8...in a wonderful display of irony, it was sitting on the shelf labeled "Cascade Hollow"

Timothy,

Now it's my turn to be puzzled.:grin:

Where is the irony in the reference to Cascade Hollow (http://www.ellenjaye.com/dickel-daniels.htm)?

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

barturtle
08-09-2008, 22:21
Timothy,

Now it's my turn to be puzzled.:grin:

Where is the irony in the reference to Cascade Hollow (http://www.ellenjaye.com/dickel-daniels.htm)?

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

It is the fact that when Cascade Hollow (the new 3yo Dickel release) came out it was ,in many places, sent out when an order came in for #8 (which is on hiatus until stocks become available again) and was put in the #8 spot on the shelf (some of which still say #8 and not Cascade Hollow, though that is what is on the shelf)

bluesbassdad
08-09-2008, 22:56
It is the fact that when Cascade Hollow (the new 3yo Dickel release) came out it was ,in many places, sent out when an order came in for #8 (which is on hiatus until stocks become available again) and was put in the #8 spot on the shelf (some of which still say #8 and not Cascade Hollow, though that is what is on the shelf)

Ah ha! I need to get out more -- not that it'll ever happen.

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

NorCalBoozer
08-10-2008, 09:49
I picked up 2 bottles of WLW 2007. Left 1 on the shelf. They also had some 07 Stagg, which I may go back and pick up a couple.

Had the Weller last night. Much better IMHO than the orginal release. When I cut it down it tasted just like Weller Antique...mmm. At full strength it's just too "much". I can drink and enjoy Stagg straight but the WLW is so overpowering, flavor wise, that I enjoy it much more when dilluted.

Greg

jburlowski
08-10-2008, 16:38
Picked up a bottle of WT Kentucky Spirit today. Local shop is going out of business, so I had to drop in and help him liquidate some of his inventory.

Consider it a public service.

Whiskey Willie
08-11-2008, 05:26
Bought a bottle of ORVW 10/107, but have not opened it yet...Am interested to see how it compares with ORVW 10/90 and Weller Antique 107.

gblick
08-11-2008, 23:29
I'm here in Corpus Christi on business, and found a 1995 gold-veined liter of Weller Antique at a store just a couple of blocks from the hotel.

Attila
08-11-2008, 23:36
I purchased a bottle of Wild Turkey 12 year.

I have a comparative tasting of the following three birds scheduled for next Monday:

WTAS
WT12
WTRB

Should be a good evening.

HighTower
08-12-2008, 05:20
I have a comparative tasting of the following three birds scheduled for next Monday:

WTAS
WT12
WTRB

Should be a good evening.
Damn straight it should!

Scott

HighTower
08-12-2008, 17:22
Had 2 care packages arrive today, one from Japan and the other from Ohio.
From left to right, first 2 are from Japan, the rest came from Ohio.
Left to right:
-Japan-
Wild Turkey Master Distiller Selection 14yo 107 proof
Wild Turkey Kentucky Legend Barrel proof (111)
-Ohio-
Wild Turkey 86.8 from 1983
Wild Turkey Cheesy Gold Foil 12yo (Yeah, I finally have one!)
Jacob's Well
Jefferson's Reserve 15yo
Crown Royal Limited Edition (Thank you Thomas, a very nice gift!)

So many thanks to Attila and ThomasH, you guys made my day! I was like a kid on Christmas morning!

Cheers

Scott

tmas
08-15-2008, 08:31
Two bottles of Parker Heritage 127.4. Now I have to figure out 2 other bourbons that would be fun to taste alongside it once the weather cools off. Maybe Pappy 20 yr. and Elijah Craig 18, any other suggestions? Tom

gothbat
08-15-2008, 22:12
Sorry to add yet another OT response to this thread but I was very happy to grab the last of the RR Rye bottles at a local liquor store, the only one I've seen since it's been released! :]

SBOmarc
08-15-2008, 23:48
A Wild Turkey Rare Breed, and a Four Roses Single Barrel. Four Roses has now hit SoCal, and all I can say is...It's about time!

jburlowski
08-16-2008, 11:07
A bottle of Berheim Wheat and a Single barrel version of AAA.

smokinjoe
08-16-2008, 12:07
A bottle of Berheim Wheat and a Single barrel version of AAA.

John, that's interesting. I know BT does alot of single barrels for retailers etc., but I don't think I recall hearing of anyone picking the AAA for it, until now. Have you opened it up yet? Please tell us what you think, when you get a chance.

Cheers!

JOE

callmeox
08-16-2008, 17:32
I found a bottle of J.T.S. Brown BIB today so I had to pick it up.

Chuck and the rest of you are all horrible influences. :lol:

BourbonJoe
08-16-2008, 18:03
Let us know what you think of it Ox.

shaman
08-16-2008, 19:14
Not exactly a purchase but I had a birthday this week and my friends and family took good care of me....

Elmer T Lee
Rock Hill Farms
Jefferson's SB

2 of them will be completely new to me.... now which one to open first

jburlowski
08-17-2008, 08:42
John, that's interesting. I know BT does alot of single barrels for retailers etc., but I don't think I recall hearing of anyone picking the AAA for it, until now. Have you opened it up yet? Please tell us what you think, when you get a chance.

Cheers!

JOE

First time I'd seen one as well. Got it at the Party Source in Bellevue, KY. Haven't tried it yet (perhaps next week) but Jay (the spirits manager there) gives it a good review.

http://partysourceeq.com/2008/07/24/spirit-of-the-week-new-private-barrel-ancient-ancient-age-10-year-bourbon/#more-439

Special Reserve
08-17-2008, 15:37
BT did a single barrel for A & L Wine Castle in Ann Arbor. I found it to be excellent particularly over cracked ice. Deliciously sweet and inviting for more.

I'm going out to AA next week, I hope they still have some left.

fishnbowljoe
08-17-2008, 15:44
Weller SR and Rittenhouse Rye 80 proof. Only my second rye. Gonna try some later tonight. Joe

Jono
08-17-2008, 18:03
I just got back from a short trip to KY and picked up:

* = new, first time purchase, untasted

Eagle Rare
4 Roses Single Barrel
Weller 107 Antique*
Old Forester Signature*
Very Old Barton BIB*
Old Grandad 100 BIB*
JTS Brown BIB*
Old Charter 8*
Elmer T Lee
Henry McKenna*

spun_cookie
08-17-2008, 18:24
Nice pics Jono.... you have some good fun ahead of you

smokinjoe
08-17-2008, 18:43
BT did a single barrel for A & L Wine Castle in Ann Arbor. I found it to be excellent particularly over cracked ice. Deliciously sweet and inviting for more.

I'm going out to AA next week, I hope they still have some left.

That's interesting, too. Do they sell the AAA 10 yr. regularly, in Michigan? Or, was the SB 10 yr. you have a totally special release?

JOE

Jono
08-17-2008, 19:05
Nice pics Jono.... you have some good fun ahead of you

Indeed! Now, I need to find some new storage place....my cabinet runneth over.

HipFlask
08-18-2008, 11:11
Hey Jono, I would be happy to supply some storage space for you at no charge. Just simply send the whiskey to me and I will keep it for you. As and added free service I will regularly taste your whiskies to make sure that they have not spoiled on you, and to maintain a consistant flavor profile. The storage facility will be at cellar temp, cool and dry. Please instant message me if you are interested. JK

wadewood
08-18-2008, 18:05
Stopped by a few stores in Baytown, TX area today and bought:

Joseph Finch
2 - BHC version Old Fitz
Hiram Walker Ten High Ten YO - distilled in Bardstown, so think this is Barton. I have had Ten High, but don't know if I have seen a 10 YO age statement version before.

PhilsFan
08-19-2008, 09:36
I had previously purchased the newer (black label) version of Weller 12, which I've been warming up to gradually (it tastes better as the second pour of the night). I was advised by Gblick that the Weller 12 with the older white label and black lettering was better, and if I could find one I should buy it.

I found one right next to one of the newer ones on the shelf at Beverage Warehouse, so I'll try it tonight...thanks Gus!

-Joe

gblick
08-19-2008, 11:50
PhilsFan,
Let me know what you think of the older Weller 12 and how it compares with the newer bottle you had.

JamesW
08-19-2008, 12:42
Picked up 2 Pappy 15's and a Partida Anejo tequila.

PhilsFan
08-20-2008, 07:45
After scouring Louisville and making calls to Frankfort, Bardstown and Lexington, and coming up empty, I located a stash of 3 hard to find Colonel Lee 100 bibs at a small store here in town and gladly paid 9.99
apiece for them. I'm not sure if you could call them dusties, since they were bottled in '99, but I assure you they'd been on the shelf awhile and we had to wipe the dust off them!

-Joe

Jono
08-20-2008, 08:05
Hipflask said:

"Well, I walked into the store to buy a $12.99 bottle of Rittenhouse Rye BIB 100. Instead they had it for $17.99. So I walked out with a $16.00 bottle of WT Rye and a $74.99 bottle of GTS"

I think you more than lost the $1.99 savings!

Hey, Milwaukee is pretty close....maybe if I ever organize a tasting you can swing down to McHenry, IL.

SBOmarc
08-20-2008, 08:15
A pony keg of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The kegerator is pouring breakfast beers in SoCal.

razerburnt
08-20-2008, 16:54
lucky day today, stopped in a small store in Louisville and walked out with a few goodies:

WT 86.8 1.75 with bottle date of 79
1.75 OGD 86 bottle date of 84
7 375ml S-W BIB old fitz
4 200ml NO Benchmark
3 1L Weller Antique Louisville bottles

The owner is gonna do some searching tonight, hopefully there will be more to find tomorrow.
I still come across a find or two now and then, never hurts to stop in and look around, no matter where you are.

smokinjoe
08-20-2008, 21:00
Today, picked up a 2005 OFBB, Weller Antique 107, Benchmark Single Barrel, and, for Kicks and Giggles, a McCarthy's Pot Distilled Whiskey. Saving the OFBB and BSB for later. The Weller was exceptional. The McCarthy's... was...weird...kinda...like...scotch...yeah...scotc h...I state now, even though it is only 3 yrs old, it is the best scotch I have ever tasted!!! :D

JOE

CorvallisCracker
08-21-2008, 09:15
The McCarthy's... was...weird...kinda...like...scotch...yeah...scotc h...I state now, even though it is only 3 yrs old, it is the best scotch I have ever tasted!!! :D

I generally don't care for peaty malts, but I can tolerate the McCarthy's.

Probably has something to do with being made in Oregon.

PhilsFan
08-21-2008, 10:22
lucky day today, stopped in a small store in Louisville and walked out with a few goodies:

WT 86.8 1.75 with bottle date of 79
1.75 OGD 86 bottle date of 84
7 375ml S-W BIB old fitz
4 200ml NO Benchmark
3 1L Weller Antique Louisville bottles

The owner is gonna do some searching tonight, hopefully there will be more to find tomorrow.
I still come across a find or two now and then, never hurts to stop in and look around, no matter where you are.

Nice Haul! It gives me hope to see that Louisville hasn't been picked clean yet!

-Joe

Ryan
08-21-2008, 14:02
I just got back from buying my friend a bottle of 12 year Jameson for a house warming gift. While I was there I could not resist the urge to pick up my first bottle of Elmer T. Lee.

I also spotted a bottle of Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12 year. I thought it was special, but wasn't sure, so of course I came to SB to find out. Now that I have done a little reading I think I will stop back by after work!

scopenut
08-21-2008, 14:13
Yesterday, I picked up a case of Weller 12 yr, which has become my favorite everyday pour. Life is good.

-Kevin

fishnbowljoe
08-21-2008, 14:34
Hey Scopenut! Save me a bottle or two will ya.:rolleyes: Enjoy it. I know I do. I have a couple bunkered. Joe

JamesW
08-21-2008, 15:46
Picked up a bottle of ORVW 10/90. I've never had it, always buy the higher 107 which is a definite favorite. The only reason I got it was the price - the guy at my store gave it to me for $24 as a bonus for being a great customer... it was his last ORVW of any kind (the price tag said $34). With prices going up and supply tight I figured why not. It goes in the bunker for a rainy day when I have no more 107's I guess :grin:

craigthom
08-21-2008, 16:23
Nice Haul! It gives me hope to see that Louisville hasn't been picked clean yet!

-Joe

No joke. I really need to start stopping at all those little stores I pass. I drive around a lot for work, and I like to take different routes to keep things interesting. I just assumed you guys had picked the town clean, but now I see I am wrong.

Jono
08-22-2008, 09:16
I have not tried any of our purchases yet...from our KY run...I plan on a flight of them tonight...but my brother-in-law tried the JTS Brown and the Henry McKenna and gave thumbs up to both. He said the McKenna has a sweeter taste.....he drank them neat...next time will add a little ice. Looking forward to my flight of OGD 100, JTS, McKenna and Old Charter.

Pappy's Friend
08-22-2008, 14:30
Today I picked up a PVW 15 and a Stagg. The Stagg was an emotional purchase, as I was at BT last year and saw them bottling it. Last week, I picked up the BTEC Cab Franc.

browni
08-22-2008, 19:30
picked up two fifths of old charter 12yo and a handle of Dickel No. 8...checked it twice, not cascade hollow, but no. 8

NorCalBoozer
08-25-2008, 09:29
got lucky

I was purchasing a cake for my gf and saw a line so I decided to go to the liquor store next door....found 2 WT Kentucky Spirit pweter tops bottled in 2000. They were pristine. The one i've bought in the past the ink on the bottling info was very faded but these are very clear. Both bottles from the same lot.

barturtle
08-25-2008, 09:38
got lucky

I was purchasing a cake for my gf and saw a line so I decided to go to the liquor store next door....found 2 WT Kentucky Spirit pweter tops bottled in 2000. They were pristine. The one i've bought in the past the ink on the bottling info was very faded but these are very clear. Both bottles from the same lot.

I hope you didn't forget to actually purchase the cake for the gf so you can get lucky twice in one day...

NorCalBoozer
08-25-2008, 10:27
I hope you didn't forget to actually purchase the cake for the gf so you can get lucky twice in one day...

:grin::D:grin::D:grin::D

smokinjoe
08-26-2008, 20:21
:grin::D:grin::D:grin::D

Hmmm...3 yellow smilies...3 green smilies. Lucky THREE times??!!??!! Well done, man, well done!:)

:toast:

JOE

callmeox
08-28-2008, 15:55
Today was Bourbon Christmas at the Ox home as I acquired an Old Heaven Hill Very Old 8, a Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12, and a three bottle set of Binny's new Four Roses Single Barrel selection.

Tack on some Aqua Perfefcta raspberry eau de vie and raspberry liqueur along with a bottle of Patron Anejo* to round out the day.

(*I've learned to have something in the box for my wife :grin: )

razerburnt
08-28-2008, 16:06
was in south Louisville today and found an Early Times tax stamped bottle date of 75. Also a JW Dant dsp ky 2 bottled at dsp ky 16. Yesterday I picked up 2 handles of EW 1783 age stated 10yo for 21.00 each and 4 Weller antique single barrel unfiltered for 18 each.

tsh3406
08-29-2008, 13:00
Just ordered 4 bottles of Four Roses 120th Anniversary bourbon from www.shoppersvineyard.com (http://www.shoppersvineyard.com) at $69 per bottle, if anyone is looking for any. Don't know which barrels I'm getting it from, just glad to be getting some.

Tim

Wonderboy
08-29-2008, 14:14
Got me a bottle of Elijah Craig 12YO today after a lengthy search round Sheffield.

Got it home and just had a generous pour over 2 ice cubes. Have to admit it started a bit "full on" but when the ice melted a touch it opened up and had a lovely butterscotchy (almost sweet) finish. I can see why it divides opinion (hits the throat almost as strongly as Knob Creek) but for the money it's just incredible.

HipFlask
08-29-2008, 22:21
Today I picked up some 07 Thomas Handy, a Rittenhouse BIB, and some WTKS. The Ritt will make some very good Manhatten's and the other two will be sipped slowly and hopefully shared. I love shopin at the liquer store!:grin:.

JamesW
09-02-2008, 15:35
Added another PVW 15 to the bunker.... I get 'em when I see 'em http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

luv2hunt
09-03-2008, 20:27
24 bottles of WTRR 101

Be Jealous....cuz I got it all!

Dawn

BourbonJoe
09-03-2008, 21:14
24 bottles of WTRR 101

Dawn

Nice. Since "Nice" is not a long enough phrase for this software, how about Very Nice.

HighTower
09-04-2008, 04:24
24 bottles of WTRR 101

Dawn
Holy Crap Dawn! What a haul!

Scott

HighTower
09-04-2008, 04:25
Didn't buy it today, but while I was in Sydney last week I got a 1L bottle of IW Harper 12yo. Thanks to Dave (Gumbootboy) for revealing the location. It was nice to meet you briefly, Dave....hopefully next time it will be over a drink!

Cheers

Scott

JamesW
09-04-2008, 14:16
ORVW 10/107.... hard to get these lately around here.

stroker394
09-04-2008, 19:36
Charter 101 and W. L. Weller. Should be some great pours.

Jason

Stones
09-05-2008, 00:34
Juts got delivery of some fine ones:

ORVW 10yo 107
VWFR Rye 13yo
07 T Handy
PVW 20yo

:drinking:

PhilsFan
09-05-2008, 02:24
I bought two more bottles of Colonel Lee (same place as last time) one for the bunker...one will travel south. The guy at the store thinks I really like CL, and he's right!

-Joe

ACDetroit
09-05-2008, 05:10
Juts got delivery of some fine ones:

07 T Handy

:drinking:

Great picture, just thought you might want to know the Handy you have is a 2006. The 2007 was 134.8 proof :grin: which will not matter you'll love it anyway.

Cheers!
Tony

JamesW
09-05-2008, 08:58
Picked up an Old Fitz BIB this morning. Never tried it before and it was cheap.

Stones
09-07-2008, 15:58
Great picture, just thought you might want to know the Handy you have is a 2006. The 2007 was 134.8 proof :grin: which will not matter you'll love it anyway.

Cheers!
Tony

Thanks for the correction Detroit, nice one! 132.7 proof should still do the trick i guess... :lol:

SBOmarc
09-07-2008, 16:01
24 bottles of WTRR 101

Dawn

One, just one. Really, name your price. Please, i have only had one bottle and a handful of pours. Have Mercy!

HighTower
09-08-2008, 05:58
The nice old postman turned up with a Rare Breed today WT-01-91 109.6 proof. First batch of Rare Breed! I paid too much for it but hey I'm sure it will taste good! :toast:
Might be nice to compare to a 94 Pewter top KS....

Scott

gblick
09-08-2008, 14:36
I found an old bottle of RHF BIB with the cheesy gold chain, and the info card inside the box states that it was dumped in 1995.

OscarV
09-08-2008, 14:48
Purchased and took delivery of two bottles of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit. Not today, a few days ago.
6-20-08
Bottled exclusively for Willie Wallace.
Y'all know the bottle, it has been filtering through the ranks here at the mighty SB.com.

Is Mr. Wallace a member here?
I was wondering what he thought of it?
I had some last Thursday night over at ACDetroit's and I wasn't impressed.
I am going to try some more now and I'll post over at "what are you drinking?"

Quantum Mechanic
09-08-2008, 14:51
Bought a WTRB, 108.2 proof a week ago. I like to drink my bourbon neat, so this one is a little harsh for my taste, but I still think it's smooth for it's strength. I love the slow easy burn. It'll kick your ass if you aren't careful.

I got it in Lexington, KY at the Liquor Barn. Looked for a 15 yo PVW, but of course they didn't have any. Guy said check back in late October...last batch sold out in three hours...asked about a waiting list, but he said there wasn't one.

My question for anyone living in central or eastern KY is this: how do I get a fifth?!?! I recieved one (15 yo) as a gift once but have had no luck obtaining another.

HighTower
09-09-2008, 03:10
Bought a WTRB, 108.2 proof a week ago. I like to drink my bourbon neat, so this one is a little harsh for my taste, but I still think it's smooth for it's strength. I love the slow easy burn. It'll kick your ass if you aren't careful.

I got it in Lexington, KY at the Liquor Barn. Looked for a 15 yo PVW, but of course they didn't have any. Guy said check back in late October...last batch sold out in three hours...asked about a waiting list, but he said there wasn't one.

My question for anyone living in central or eastern KY is this: how do I get a fifth?!?! I recieved one (15 yo) as a gift once but have had no luck obtaining another.

Can't help you with the Pappy 15, but try having the WTRB over crushed ice. I love it this way. It dilutes it a little, but also really opens the bourbon up!

Cheers

Scott

Quantum Mechanic
09-09-2008, 16:10
please re-send the message...Vista blocked it.

fishnbowljoe
09-09-2008, 21:16
A 1991 bottle of Benchmark. My first dusty! $11.99 for a liter. Pretty good stuff if I may say so. Joe

luv2hunt
09-09-2008, 21:41
One, just one. Really, name your price. Please, i have only had one bottle and a handful of pours. Have Mercy!

YOU COMING TO THE KBF? I'll bring you an extra!!!

Dawn

Virus_Of_Life
09-09-2008, 22:13

YOU COMING TO THE KBF? I'll bring you an extra!!!

Dawn

Marc, I'll look at a map and see if I can recall the place where I know a WTRR101 resides.

Dawn, I am pretty sure I can direct him to one or two in the OC-SoCal area. I personally am not a fan of it so after putting away 1 and drinking 1 I don't think I ever bought another but did make a mental note where one or two were when I saw them.

OscarV
09-10-2008, 11:58
I got some goodies today.

Rock Hill Farms, with the Gold Chain Medallion,
sitting in the garage when I got home from work. Man you gotta love those SB.com guys from Texas!! Right Wade?

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, dark wood top.
I couldn't leave it on the shelf because I have yet to like a light wood top.

Old Rip Van Winkle 10yo 107,
I feel the chill in the air the past few mornings, wheater season is near.

W. L. Weller Special Reserve.
This one is for my Bride to take to work.
They have an odd thing going on there. Every once in a while on a Friday the boss will call for a "Happy 20".
That is when they go to the break room 20 minutes before quitting time and have a drink. They keep beer and booze in there.
Last year she asked me to get a bottle of bourbon that beer and/or scotch drinkers might like like.
So I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare Single Barrel for her, I figured that this was pretty much inoffensive, (I don't care for it, I describe it as there, "yeah, it's there in my glass"). Everyone liked it and was suprised.
So they are out of it, but someone brought in a Johnnie Walker Red, (yuck) even the scotch guy hates it and she wanted me to pick another one. I'm sure the WLWSR will be well recieved.

jburlowski
09-10-2008, 14:33
Stopped by the Party Source and got some of the Willett, single barrel, unfiltered, barrel proof bottlings. I went for the 12YR (114.8 Proof), 16YR (147 Proof), and the 17YR (97.2 Proof)

barturtle
09-10-2008, 14:37
Stopped by the Party Source and got some of the Willett, single barrel, unfiltered, barrel proof bottlings. I went for the 12YR (114.8 Proof), 16YR (147 Proof), and the 17YR (97.2 Proof)

I'll be quite interested in your reviews of those...the 12yo and 17yo are really interesting to me due to their lowish proofs

jburlowski
09-10-2008, 15:39
I'll get to them as soon as I get the chance... going to be out of town for a few weeks.

So many bourbons, so little time.

callmeox
09-15-2008, 15:41
The silver lining in my delay on the way to Lawrenceburg was that Party Source was open as I breezed through Bellevue. Although they weren't selling any perishables due to the power issues in northern Kentucky, it didn't bother me since I wasn't looking for eggs and cheese. :grin:

I grabbed a Very Old Barton BIB, Heaven Hill BIB and AAA 10 year for less than 2 twenties. :cool:

Gillman
09-15-2008, 16:04
Was the AAA their house bottling?

Gary

callmeox
09-15-2008, 16:17
I got the standard bottling as I saw it but had not read about their house bottling in advance.

Did I mess up? :skep:

Gillman
09-15-2008, 16:29
Well, we'll see. I'll pick up the house bottling Friday morning and we can do a comparison Friday night!

Gary

p_elliott
09-16-2008, 06:37
On our cruise last week I picked up a couple of bottles of WT 8 yr old saving them for a rainy day or a special occasion.

JamesW
09-19-2008, 12:37
Picked up a bottle of RVW lot b and a Pappy 20 to bolster the dwindling supply in my bar.

NorCalBoozer
09-19-2008, 12:46
Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, dark wood top.
I couldn't leave it on the shelf because I have yet to like a light wood top.

Is the light wood top the latest releases?

I saw a light wood topped KS and was shocked at how light the bourbon looked compared to the pewter tops and dark tops I've had.

Wonder if they are using much younger bourbon in the latest releases.

Greg

OscarV
09-19-2008, 12:53
Is the light wood top the latest releases?

I saw a light wood topped KS and was shocked at how light the bourbon looked compared to the pewter tops and dark tops I've had.

Wonder if they are using much younger bourbon in the latest releases.

Greg

Yes, the light wood tops are the newest.
I don't know what the deal is but I have yet to find a light wood top that I like or at least have to work on.
The one I am drinking now I shake it with out the top on and leave it open for a while to let it get some air, it seems to work there is an improvement.

wskybnt
09-19-2008, 19:36
I picked up a 1.75 of Weller 12yr. Dont know how good of a deal it was at $33+ tax, but that is the only one they had, and the first one I had seen in a very long time. So came with me it did. This might be the last one I see, but that didnt keep me from opening it just now..:cool:

wadewood
09-20-2008, 06:51
Visited the Houston downtown Specs. The had about 15 bottles of Thomas Handy Rye, one 2006 and ? the rest 2007. These have not been on the shelf, so they dug them up from someplace. I bought 2 bottles.

gothbat
09-20-2008, 12:29
Picked up some Heaven Hill today, both the white label (80 proof, NAS) and the black label (86 proof, NAS), 1 litre of each. I've never seen these at any other liquor store than the out of the way one I passed by today so I figured I'd give them a shot while I could since they were only $9.99 and $10.99, respectively.

Special Reserve
09-20-2008, 16:20
I picked up a 1.75 of Weller 12yr. Dont know how good of a deal it was at $33+ tax, but that is the only one they had, and the first one I had seen in a very long time. So came with me it did. This might be the last one I see, but that didnt keep me from opening it just now..:cool:

I wish I could get deals like that! Wow, 1.75 L of Weller 12 for $33+tax, MI doesn't carry it, but if it did it would be close to $50 + tax.

MJL
09-21-2008, 08:24
I cleaned the air intake on my Volvo 740 Wagon so I wanted to see how the repair went. I took a drive down to the upper Keys to warm up the engine and test the repair. Along the way I stopped at a few liquor stores and took home some booze I have not seen in Miami yet. First was a bottle of Old Charter 8 year old with the older gold cap. In truth I saw a bottle near my work for, get this, $39. I took this one home for less than half that price. Later in the day I also found a bottle of Cabin Still. Both are lower end drinks but I felt the need to grab these as they are unseen in Miami.

angelshare
09-21-2008, 15:01
Tina is returning from a much deserved "Mom's weekend" away with Henry McKenna SB, Weller 12, and Old Rip 10yr 90 (no 107 found :( ).

Can't wait to see her...and the bourbon! :)

wadewood
09-22-2008, 17:34
A 6 pack of WTRR 101. Also 2 bottles of EC12 that were priced at $14.99; date on glass bottom is 86 - so maybe from 1986? When was EC12 first sold?

Gillman
09-23-2008, 06:54
Wade, sorry we missed you at the recent Gazebo. Next time I hope!

I think you have found a very early version of EC 12 because I don't think the brand goes back before the early 80's.

It would be interesting to have a taste note.

Incidentally, at the Gala I asked Parker Beam why a 1970's-distilled Heaven Hill 86 proof I have seems heavier in body and more oily than the current version.

He said that at the time the doubling process was probably less intensive and also that still design changes over the years could make a difference. Tasted side by side with the current version, the older one seemed less good to me. On the other hand, the older one might have aged very well and that is what you would have, a heavy, traditional spirit given twice the age or so of the one I was referring to. It's probably very good.

Gary

MJL
09-25-2008, 14:17
Yesterday I picked up a liter bottle of Old Fitzgerald with a bottom date of 1994 on it. I also picked up a bottle of Weller Centennial and a bottle of Old Charter 13 year old Proprieters Reserve. Today I picked up two bottles of Wild Turkey Russels Reserve 101 proof. Tomorrow I have some Van Winkle in my sights.

jburlowski
09-25-2008, 14:43
Went to get a couple more Willett 12 yo SB. Came back with that and the new FR Mariage.

fishnbowljoe
09-25-2008, 15:36
Okay, here we go. I finally have some time to post what I picked up last/this week. While down in Bardstown at the KBF last week;

1. 750 J.T.S. Brown 100 proof BIB
2. 750 J.W. Dant 100 proof BIB
3. 750 Old Heaven Hill 100 proof BIB
4. 1 liter AAA 10 yr old 86 proof
5. 750 Four Roses Mariage 107.8 proof
6. 750 2008 EWSB 86.6 proof, signed by Parker Beam
7. 750 ORVW 10/107, a trade with Scott (callmeox)
8. 750 MM VIP Bottle 90 proof
9. 4 750's of ER 101, thanks to Mike (scratchline)

This week (by Fedex, hopefully tomorrow);

1. 2 Julio's bottling of RHF
2. 2 Julio's bottling of ER

Thank goodness I emptied a few bottles the last couple of months. I still don't have enough room, so some bottles in the bunker will be transferred to the basement. This haul should hold me in good stead for quite a while. Although, I might do a little hunting in Vegas in a couple of weeks.:lol: Joe

PhilsFan
09-25-2008, 15:52
Thanks to luv2hunt for sending two bottles of Thomas H Handy Sazerac Rye...and thanks to Mozilla for doing the ground work!

I plan on having my first pour tomorrow evening.

-Joe

Attila
09-25-2008, 23:07
Wild Turkey 12 yr. Gold Foil 1990
Wild Turkey 12 yr. Split Label 1996

I just finished my Wild Turkey 12 yr. standard release last night. I should have saved some for comparison.

NorCalBoozer
09-26-2008, 10:44
Wild Turkey 12 yr. Gold Foil 1990
Wild Turkey 12 yr. Split Label 1996

I just finished my Wild Turkey 12 yr. standard release last night. I should have saved some for comparison.

nice pickups....looking forward to your thoughts on the Gold Foil.

OscarV
09-26-2008, 12:03
I stopped by and saw Andy at Village party Store in Saline today,... hey cas AKA Craig I drive thru Saline everyday to and from work.

But anyway, I wanted to get a bottle of WT Russell's Reserve.
It has been on my mind for a while, the good Doctor from north of me brought a bottle over a while ago but we didn't get to it.

Andy didn't have any so I got a WT Rare Breed.

Still wanting to have a WTRR I raided my bunker,...

Can't say what it tasted like, cuz I'd be off topic.

JamesW
09-26-2008, 13:55
Picked up a Weller Antique today while fishing for something bigger. At $14 for a 750ml I couldn't say no.

OscarV
09-26-2008, 14:06
Picked up a Weller Antique today while fishing for something bigger. At $14 for a 750ml I couldn't say no.

WOW!
A 4-teen bottle of Old Weller 107?!?,... Damn, what fish were bigger?!?

MJL
09-26-2008, 14:46
I finally exhausted a local honey pot that took me several weeks to do so amd resulted in quite a few very nice purchases. Todays last buy was two bottles of Pappy Van Winkle 15 year old. On the way home I decided to stop in to another store that I had explored two weeks ago. Low and behold I found on the way top shelf a bottle of Wild Turkey Russels Reserve 10 year old 101 proof. This makes three bottles of this coming home with me in the last two days and I have a lead on two more locally that shall be mine if I can get to them in time.

wskybnt
09-26-2008, 16:36
I found some oldies today. I was on the old part of town and just stopped in, and picked up some but not all of what he had. Don't know a lot about any of these bottles. May not be worth pouring out but curiousity got the best of me. Here are some pics. Please offer up any info you may have on them...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/wskybnt/DSC03688.jpg?t=1222472029

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/wskybnt/DSC03690.jpg?t=1222472075

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/wskybnt/DSC03691.jpg?t=1222472208

MJL
09-26-2008, 19:50
Forgot to mention. I also found some older, c. 1994 bottles of 100 proof Old Grand Dad. I am unsure if this will be any different that what is being bottled now but the price was right at $13 per bottle so two came home with me.

mozilla
09-26-2008, 20:19
I found some oldies today. I was on the old part of town and just stopped in, and picked up some but not all of what he had. Don't know a lot about any of these bottles. May not be worth pouring out but curiousity got the best of me. Here are some pics. Please offer up any info you may have on them...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/wskybnt/DSC03688.jpg?t=1222472029

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/wskybnt/DSC03690.jpg?t=1222472075

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/wskybnt/DSC03691.jpg?t=1222472208

Is the Dant....DSP 113/ IN 2?

I would like to know how the Antique tastes. The Harper is a little on the lite side....MT is HH...and the HW??? I have not heard many good things about Illinois bourbon.

gothbat
09-27-2008, 11:35
VWFRR, FR1B, FR120th. :] Been wanting to try the 120th for some time and I've been wanting more of the other two for a long time but I've been unable to find them up until now. Now all I need is some more Rittenhouse BIB and I'll be really happy!

wskybnt
09-27-2008, 18:48
Is the Dant....DSP 113/ IN 2?

I would like to know how the Antique tastes. The Harper is a little on the lite side....MT is HH...and the HW??? I have not heard many good things about Illinois bourbon.

The Dant is DSP-KY-2 ... and 100 proof... I am bout to try it and the Antique. Let you know about them later.

mozilla
09-28-2008, 07:29
The Harper and the Dant came from the same distillery, then. Was there a bottling DSP on the Dant label? I would guess that the Dant is from 1989-1990.

Is there a date on the Antique bottle?

TBoner
09-28-2008, 12:41
Forgot to mention. I also found some older, c. 1994 bottles of 100 proof Old Grand Dad. I am unsure if this will be any different that what is being bottled now but the price was right at $13 per bottle so two came home with me.

What's the DSP on the OGD? If it's ND, it will be superb. If it's Beam, it will still be better than the current product, which I find thinner and less candied than of old. Beam bottles from before 2003 seem to be my favorites. This was, of course, shortly after Beam started their wood management program, which may or may not have included (Chuck? any info?) Basil Hayden/OGD. Regardless, the profile of OGD from 2003 forward (excepting recent bottles of 114) has not been as good as it was in the period after Beam first acquired the label.

In other words, a good buy either way, but better if it's DSP-KY-14 (I haven't seen any post-1992 that's not Beam product, but it's possible).

Regards,

MJL
09-28-2008, 14:40
Tim,

I am up to my elbows in a project on the abolitionist movement and this response gives me a nice respite. I looked at both bottles and both are marked DSP-KY-14 but on closer examination one bottle is marked 06 06 and the other is marked 02 03. I must have confused these bottles with another few that I have had around the house for a few years. Regardless, it is nice to know what you say as it gives me an idea to keep my eyes open during my ventures afield.

TBoner
09-28-2008, 15:21
MJL, I should've been more specific. They're probably both bottled at 14, but based on the dates, they're distilled at 230, most likely, which means it's Beam bourbon. I have several bottles marked 02 03 on the bottom that rank with the second-best OGD I've had (the best are some bottles distilled F1980 bottled F1988 from National Distillers: both corn-fat and rye-spiced, remarkably full on the palate and robust on the finish; everything bourbon should be). Even the 2006 and current product is a good value, and at $13, a steal.

Regards,

PhilsFan
09-29-2008, 11:30
I've almost picked up JTS Brown bib numerous times, but Paul Newman's passing over the weekend convinced me to take one home. I think that at only $8.69 a bottle, Fast Eddie Felson was onto something.

-Joe

tmas
09-29-2008, 15:44
I was poking around in a store I haven't been in today and came across a bottle of Pure Kentucky that was barreled in 1989 and dumped in 2001. Is this Heaven Hill bourbon, and is it worth picking up? I notice the newer bottles don't carry this info. Tom

tmas
09-29-2008, 23:49
I was poking around in a store I haven't been in today and came across a bottle of Pure Kentucky that was barreled in 1989 and dumped in 2001. Is this Heaven Hill bourbon, and is it worth picking up? I notice the newer bottles don't carry this info. Tom

Oops, sorry, silly question. I mistakenly searched for "Kentucky Pure" initially. Lots of info when I searched for "Pure Kentucky". Tom

Pappy's Friend
09-30-2008, 16:53
Last Thursday, I went into Spec's and found one bottle of William Larue Weller. I'm not sure which year it is. I picked it up - goes well with my last year's George T. Stagg!

ACDetroit
09-30-2008, 19:09
No picture tonight but I stopped tonight and ran across another RHF the old gold chain version. Seems ever time I pick up a new bottle I learn something new (go figure).

The last one I found has Bottled In Bond on the sticker around the neck, tonight's bottle looks the same but the sticker has no print on it. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the first thing to go was the BIB and then the Chain oh yeah and the nice box was lost in this time frame as well. With all those cost cutting reductions :lol: you'd think they could sell this for less than $54.99 in Michigan.

"How much fer juss one rib?"

Tony

JamesW
10-01-2008, 11:04
Picked up a Julio's bottling of Pappy 15 today. Can't wait to crack her open.

chefnash51
10-01-2008, 14:18
ahhhh.. a great find for me today. Left work early to work on a project from home. Decided to do a little hunting on the way. I stopped at about 5 stores, but the first one proved most fruitful.

Found a dusty ORVW 10/107 and a FRSB. I was going to grab FRSmB but then the Single Batch caught my eye.. and then ORVW was just sitting there.. the only ORVW 10 I have seen in CT in about 15 places.

Besides that I was so impressed with Lot B.. I ran to the store and asked the last 3 to come home with me.

spun_cookie
10-01-2008, 14:50
Had a bunch of goodies get in today. 4 PVWs, 2 RHFs, 3 ERs all from Julios and then a 27yr Willitt from Binnys and a 2002 Stagg (1/2 bottle) from the Great and Powerful Turtle... hmm baby... going to be a great weekend

barturtle
10-01-2008, 14:58
2002 Stagg (1/2 bottle) from the Great and Powerful Turtle... hmm baby... going to be a great weekend

That's 2 days earlier than they told me it would arrive....:cool:

OscarV
10-01-2008, 15:32
Had a bunch of goodies get in today. 4 PVWs, 2 RHFs, 3 ERs all from Julios and then a 27yr Willitt from Binnys and a 2002 Stagg (1/2 bottle) from the Great and Powerful Turtle... hmm baby... going to be a great weekend

You da Man,....................

OK,.....so I have been hangin',... out,....

BourbonJoe
10-01-2008, 15:42
Hey Em,
Was that Pappy 15 Single Barrel a S-W or a Bernheim?

spun_cookie
10-01-2008, 16:25
You da Man,....................

OK,.....so I have been hangin',... out,....

Oscar, Have you talked to the folks at Julio's yet... when do you get your goods

spun_cookie
10-01-2008, 16:27
Hey Em,
Was that Pappy 15 Single Barrel a S-W or a Bernheim?

Joe, It was a 2008 barrel, which puts it at 1992/3 on Distillation... so it is hard to say. I know that the PVW was really limited and Julio's was able to get one because of there long standing relationship with BT... maybe Julian can enlighten us... but I, as normal, am clueless...

bluesbassdad
10-01-2008, 18:04

s_c,

Back when I was consuming a significant amount of bourbon, I tried a few times to have something shipped to me (Chino Valley, AZ) from out of state. My success rate was spotty and variable.

With Hi-Time (Costa Mesa, CA) it was yes then no. With Sam's (Chicago) it was always no. Binny's was yes, then no, then maybe.

A couple times I ordered through a local store. The best outcome involved a two-week delay and an exorbitant price (WT Kentucky Spirit, $55) and the worst was a two-week delay to find out that the distributor did not have Rock Hill Farms.

The only dependable way to have liquor shipped here was to order from Sportsman's, whereupon I got to pay high Arizona prices, Arizona sales tax and shipping.

If I'm ever able to drink as much as I'd like, I'll be asking you for the secret password to order from Binny's. (I'm unfamliar with Julio's.)

Yours truly,
Dave Morefield

spun_cookie
10-01-2008, 18:15
For Binny's.... I have buddies pick it up and ship... let me know if you need something.....

For Julio's.... well.... I go up there a lot and ship to myself :D

My best shipping is with buddies in the area and all my travel to pick stuff up....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post does not indicate that any state of federal laws are broken. All shipping (if there is any) is within governing laws of said states :D

OscarV
10-01-2008, 19:18
Oscar, Have you talked to the folks at Julio's yet... when do you get your goods

I have not talked to the good people at Julio's in quite a while.

Should I?

If I should then I am there!!!!!!!
Thanx 4 the tip.