PDA

View Full Version : More ohioans

Mattythebeer
07-02-2008, 12:53
mozilla convinced me last night to begin posting, so here it is. from lima, oh. and a long time lover of everything alcohol. quickly establishing a love affair with knobs creek- which btw mozilla, can be picked up locally for $29.00 (ended up getting that new bottle today).

just wondering - how many neibors do i have here anyways???? :cool:

mozilla
07-02-2008, 13:25
Again Matt,

Welcome....and glad you decided to post. Ohio is well represented. Can't wait to hear more about your bourbon travels.
Cheers!

spun_cookie
07-02-2008, 13:28
Welcome... Glad moz pushed you into playing. Look forward to the posts..

callmeox
07-02-2008, 13:38
Welcome to the board, Matty. I'm from Willowick up in NEO.

We definitely need more folks from Ahia here.

CorvallisCracker
07-02-2008, 13:48
mozilla convinced me last night to begin posting

Me, I had nothing to do with it. "You're not wanted here," I told him. "Too many new members as it is, particualrly from the midwest. I think it's some kind of conspiricy. Go away!"

But now that you're here, I guess we have to make the best of it. Heck, I even wrote a song in your honor:

Where have all the Hooters gone?
Long time passing
In Ohio
PC'rs have picketed every one
When will they ever learn?

(apologies to Pete Seeger)

I won't welcome you to SB.com because you've been a member longer than I have, but I'll welcome you to the posting community. Hope to chat with you again soon.

smokinjoe
07-02-2008, 18:01
Welcome, Matt. For those who may not know, Matt's from the Lima pronounced like the bean, and not like the capital of Peru. I have spent some time in Lima, having done some growing up in Ft. Wayne, IN. Played in several baseball tournaments in Lima. Nice town. How's the selection of bourbons there? I have found Ohio to be lacking in variety, but have seen some terrific prices from time to time. Do you ever head west to Indiana for hard to finds? Anyway, welcome again, and I look forward to your posting here.

Cheers!

JOE

mozilla
07-02-2008, 18:09
Me, I had nothing to do with it. "You're not wanted here," I told him. "Too many new members as it is, particualrly from the midwest. I think it's some kind of conspiricy. Go away!"

But now that you're here, I guess we have to make the best of it. Heck, I even wrote a song in your honor:

Long time passing
In Ohio

I won't welcome you to SB.com because you've been a member longer than I have, but I'll welcome you to the posting community. Hope to chat with you again soon.

Way too funny :slappin: :falling:

hjminard
07-02-2008, 18:49
Welcome! From your northern neighbor, and fellow newbie.

Mattythebeer
07-02-2008, 19:58

Long time passing
In Ohio

thats pretty dern funny!
now i think i need to make a hooters run!

thanks for the welcome guys!

Mattythebeer
07-02-2008, 20:17
Welcome, Matt. For those who may not know, Matt's from the Lima pronounced like the bean, and not like the capital of Peru. I have spent some time in Lima, having done some growing up in Ft. Wayne, IN. Played in several baseball tournaments in Lima. Nice town. How's the selection of bourbons there? I have found Ohio to be lacking in variety, but have seen some terrific prices from time to time. Do you ever head west to Indiana for hard to finds? Anyway, welcome again, and I look forward to your posting here.

Cheers!

JOE

Joe,
i've never shopped for any unique finds in fort Wayne, but i do visit often the Fort visiting Hooters or certian establishments as i'm also a fan of the visual arts- :bigeyes: so usualy most my trips have ended following a message of 'last call' and the liquer stores have been closed.

your right though, the local variety is very small, but looking at prices others are paying for the same product i sure cant complain.

ThomasH
07-03-2008, 12:33
Welcome,
I am from Alliance, which 65 miles SE of Cleveland or 15 miles east of Canton, home of the Pro football Hall of Fame!

Thomas