Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoosier hello

Apprentice

Re: Hoosier hello

Quote Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
    Paul, Welcome! As you can see, there are many friendly people here who are eager to help. Some bourbons that people here have turned me on to are: Elmer T Lee, Weller Antique 107 and Weller Centennial, Old Rip Van Winkle 10/107, Pappy Van Winkle 15 and a real value, Very Old Barton 100 Proof Bottled in Bond.

There are lots of great bourbons for you to try and I look forward to reading your posts.

-Joe
    Thanks Joe. I will add those to my list to keep an eye out for. I am finding that I do not have access to everything. Which was kind of a surprise since I am so close to KY. I think I have seen most of those here though.

Is Elmer T Lee a product of Buffalo Trace Distillery?
    Paul

There are three types of people: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by shaman View Post
    Thanks Joe. I will add those to my list to keep an eye out for. I am finding that I do not have access to everything. Which was kind of a surprise since I am so close to KY. I think I have seen most of those here though.

Is Elmer T Lee a product of Buffalo Trace Distillery?
    Yes, Elmer T Lee is Master Distiller Emeritus at Buffalo Trace. There's a lot of helpful info about which distillery makes each bourbon and links to just about everything you'd want to know about bourbon and bourbon country on the opening page of sb.com. This is really a great one-stop website for bourbon lovers!

-Joe
    "I think the most un-American thing you can say is 'You can't say that' " - Garrison Keillor

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
    There's a lot of helpful info about which distillery makes each bourbon and links to just about everything you'd want to know about bourbon and bourbon country on the opening page of sb.com.
    -Joe

Thank you Joe, I never saw that link on the front page... What a great list. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.....
    Paul

There are three types of people: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.