Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Irreverent One

Re: BOTM, 7/08: Wild Turkey American Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    This month's selection is the recent limited release - Wild Turkey American Spirit.
    <cough>

Shouldn't that be BOTM, 7/08?
    Last edited by HighTower; 07-16-2008 at 14:31. Reason: Fixed date on thread
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Irreverent One

I picked this for Vbt #120. My tasting notes are here.

I like WT AS well enough, but I can't say I like it any better than Rare Breed. They are different (although you can tell that they're different expressions of the same whiskey), but I don't consider one better than the other. With the AS costing almost three times the RB, I suspect I won't be buying another bottle.

The next time I'm willing to spend $90+ on a bourbon it will probably be Pappy 20.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Quote Originally Posted by CorvallisCracker View Post
    <cough>

Shouldn't that be BOTM, 7/08?
    You caught me out.... I wondered if anyone would notice
    Last edited by HighTower; 07-16-2008 at 14:31. Reason: Fixed date on thread

Guru

I've been bunkering these as my wallet and availability will allow.

I'm a big WT fan and this is the best expression of theirs I've had the opportunity to taste.

Additionally, I'd put this in my top choices of all bourbons...One of my all time favorites!
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Connoisseur

I'm jealous of all of you! I've never even seen a bottle of AS. If I see one I'll buy it, but by then, we'll probably be on a different botm. I do enjoy reading this thread as it teaches me what to look for while traveling. Keep up the good work.

Taster

My budget is tight but I did manage to acquire one bottle of AS, Still waiting for the proper occasion to open it.
    Perhaps a good pour to enjoy at the raising of my timber frame house this fall.

Bill

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    I'm jealous of all of you! I've never even seen a bottle of AS. If I see one I'll buy it, but by then, we'll probably be on a different botm. I do enjoy reading this thread as it teaches me what to look for while traveling. Keep up the good work.
    I've only seen one AS on the shelf and that was at Red Dot, US 127 Frankfort ($89.99)... I might have gone back to get it, but on the same trip the folks at BT told me about the GTS in Lexington, so I went there and bought the Stagg ($60.99) instead.

-Joe
    "I think the most un-American thing you can say is 'You can't say that' " - Garrison Keillor

Connoisseur

In light of the fact that I accidentally came into possession of three bottles of WTAS this month, I was hoping for a more robust discussion of this bourbon. Why not the 85 responses JB got?

That being said, b/c of the price, I havent opened any of my bottles this month.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    I was hoping for a more robust discussion of this bourbon. Why not the 85 responses JB got?
    Accessibility, which is a function of two other factors, the first being availability: the number of bottles of JB exceeds the number of bottles of WTAS by several orders of magnitude.

The other factor:

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    That being said, b/c of the price, I havent opened any of my bottles this month.
    Many can't/won't spend the amount asked for it.
    Scott

- Serge Storms

Taster

while looking to find some russels reserve 101, I came across a second bottle of as, In my mind, I thought it would be easier to open if I had a back up but when I got home and opened the box I realized that is not the case.

as much as I want to taste it I find myself needing a bit of an occasion to open one of these.