Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: Hello from the Motor City!

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post

Maybe a "Gazebo in MI" event?
    I like the idea - seems we are approaching critical mass. I'm headed to the Chicago suburbs this afternoon for a couple day visit with the in-laws. I should hit Sams and Binnys along the way, and hopefully a small place I found on the last visit with a good stash of the old Russels Reserve.
    Craig

Guru

Thumbs up Re: Hello from the Motor City!

Just wanted to add my welcome to everybody else's. Yeah, we need to have get together here. Well, besides the bourbon tasting that occurs every night on my couch.

Welcome!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Jimi,

With a screen name of purplehaze67 you can only be called that.

Welcome from Livonia.

Yes, I'm old enough to have been there.

Will

Taster

Thanks!

Well...I ended up coming into a little found money today and since I was in the area area, why not a trip back to the Grapevine? Snagged the last bottle of Weller Centennial that they had on the shelf, as well as a Van Winkle Lot B and a PVW 15.

Ended up spending more than I took in, but something told me that my modest stockpile needed these.

Enthusiast

Welcome aboard purplehaze!

the mention of "jim bean" conjures up good memories. a few years ago, after a UF-Ole Miss game in the Swamp, my buddy and I returned home, sat out on the porch and enjoyed Jim Beam White like there was no tomorrow. After more than his fair share, my buddy began referring to it as "James Bean."

Ah, good times.

You'll find plenty of wisdom, advice and opinions here - take advantage of it and enjoy the world of bourbon!

Chris
    ____
    Chris

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze67 View Post
    Well...I ended up coming into a little found money

Ah! The bourbon slush fund! A little unaccounted money. A current marketing practice in my field is to pay $25 to $100 to select people for their opinion, usually an on-line or phone survey that takes 5-15 minutes of time to complete. This found money is then translated into quality bourbon for the bunker. My next planned purchase is WTAS.

Taster

Thought I'd post from the Motor City too!

My first post is here and I did the whole "introduce" bit. This sounds like a fun group and I'm hoping to meet you guys! This thread is what actually got me off of my butt to join. I had visited the site a lot and read up on stuff but this thread made me realize I was missing out on meeting folks.

Some Detroit specific stuff I left out of my 1st post: Do any of you guys remember Pfeiffer Beer? I made www.pfeifferbeer.com a few years back if you want to read up on the history. I also used to be heavily involved with Motor City Improv if any of you catch improv shows in Royal Oak, Livonia, Detroit, etc (and built their site too!)

Taster

I noticed in people's Profiles, it lists "Group Memberships" but that there is no way to create or find a group (that I know of). Maybe we could get a SE Michigan group going?

Or perhaps easier, make a thread we can put in out signatures as a link ("Michigan Bourbon lovers - Click Here!" for example) and then subscribe to that thread?

Guru

Hey Brad, welcome aboard.
    There are a lot of MI people here in fact it seems to have been growing more this past year than any other state.
    We have a very informal group called The Michigan Bourbon Hounds.

If you look under the thread "The Bourbon Social" you'll see a post I started titled "Ann Arbor Bourbon Tasting".
    It looks like several of us are going to be there.
    I think it would be great if we could get as many MI SB.com people to go.
    ovh