Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Customer appreciation

First I apologize if this has been discussed before. I searched around a bit and did not see anything on the topic....

I know that Maker's Mark has their Ambassador's Club to keep customers up to date on all things MM. Do other distilleries have similar programs?

Thanks
    Paul

There are three types of people: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: Customer appreciation

Most of them actually

Four Roses: Mellow Moments
    Wild Turkey: Rare Breed Society
    Old Forester: 1870 Society
    Heaven Hill: Bardstown Bourbon Society
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Apprentice

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it.
    Paul

There are three types of people: those who make it happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happens.

Rebel Yell has one too. Band Of Rebels. Sign up at, rebelyellwhiskey.com They send you a certificate, flask and bandana, and you can make your own shoulder label for a bottle. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I think Jim Beam calls theirs the Brotherhood of Bourbon.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Rebel Yell has one too. Band Of Rebels. Sign up at, rebelyellwhiskey.com They send you a certificate, flask and bandana, and you can make your own shoulder label for a bottle. Joe
    Speaking of Rebel Yell, I've seen this back on the shelf in NY. They must be using 3 year old Bourbon. I have never seen a bourbon this clear.
    Joe

Virtuoso

All I get from Beam is regular email about their NASCAR stuff. Four Roses has been my favorite so far. It's great if you live in Kentucky; they hold several events a year that are either free or heavily subsidized. It's good if you don't live here, too, since they have sent out a glass and a DVD and other gifts.

Some of them require purchase, or at least access to a neck tag. Heaven Hill's comes on the EWSB, and Wild Turkey's on RB.

Virtuoso

I can't find the Brotherhood of Bourbon on the Beam site. Have they discontinued it in favor of their "stuff inside" campaign? Am I just blind?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

They apparently have canned the Brotherhood. The web site is all brand new very recently and although "The Stuff Inside" campaign has its own site, they are linked and the new general Beam site now has a very similar look.

One interesting feature is the ability to compare the various products in their American whiskey line here, although cats-and-dogs like Bellows and Old Bourbon Hollow are not included.

They also have a cool Google Earth tour of the Clermont distillery, on which if you know where to look you can find Bobby Cox's house.
    Last edited by cowdery; 07-21-2008 at 14:59.

Virtuoso

Oh, well. All I got from them was email about racing news.

It appears that Wild Turkey has added a way to sign up on the Web site for the Rare Breed Society, no purchase necessary. Unfortunately, it failed to work for me.