Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hello from a new bourbon enthusiast and UK student

Hello all, name's Mark and i have lived in Bourbon/horse country, or woodford county as some of you may know, all my life. Only recently have I been turned on to the pleasure and satisfaction of drinking such a fine alcohol as bourbon--after a stint with beer and vodka (no comment!!)

anyways, I am a University of Kentucky student majoring in Mechanical Engineering. I am into cars and bourbon right now. I have been reading this forum for a while now and find many of the articles very useful and insightful. So I am glad to be joining a very knowledgible and helpful group.

I do however have a question for all you bourbon enthusiasts, I am looking for a fifth each of Old taylor BIB and Old Crow. I dont know a whole lot about the two, except that I have been to their defunct distilleries many times and would like to sample some heritage of my county. So if you all know where I could get a couple of old dusty's, please let me know!!!

Thanks and cheers!!

Re: Hello from a new bourbon enthusiast and UK student

Hello Mark, and welcome to SB. I'm sorry, but I can't help you in your quest for the Old Taylor and Old Crow. I'm fairly new here myself and have just begun to get a handle on things. The people here are good folks, and have helped me out tremendously. I'm sure you'll get some good advice and pointers too. One definite advantage you have is living in the heart of bourbon country. Wish I was as close to the action as you. Anyway, hope you like it here and have some fun along the way. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Disciple

Welcome! I'm sure some of our members from KY can point you to a place to find the bottles you seek.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Disciple

I live in Bowling Green and can get Old Crow here all over the place. I have never really looked for Old Taylor. Have you checked out the Liquor Barn in Hamberg? They have a great selection. Of course if you are looking to stay local, Woodford Reserve is a well known bourbon from your county. Personally it is too one-deminsional for me, but many people swear by it.

Hey, I was just in Bowling Green at the Corvette factory not too long ago, cool place.

Anyways, they actually still sell Old crow and Old Taylor, however they are just Jim Beam knock-offs. The original, BIB type was made right here in woodford COunty and that is the type I am looking for. I think both distilleries went defunct in the 70's.