Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate cola

Taster

Re: I hate cola

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Why would you possibly do something like that?
    We all have our bad habits. 3-4 cans of caffeinated is what I'm talking about; I've never been a coffee drinker. Hey, there was a time that it wasn't diet. Talk about a pointless 500-600 calories/day.

I find that bourbon is a great way to get that artificial sweetener taste out of my mouth.

Virtuoso

I recently kicked the caffeine habit. I still get a little in iced tea, but I don't get headaches when I go a day without it, so I know the habit is gone.

I drink bourbon or Dickel with Coke (Zero, now) while watching college football games because that's what I drank at them back in the day, and the taste is part of the atmosphere.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by dunk50 View Post
    Well I know I ain't no snob and I sure ain't no purist but come Aug. 14th (my 38th wedding anniversary I am going to commit sacrilege. It's going to be a double shot of Pappy 23 and regular coke with about 6 ice cubes. Honest injun, it's going to happen! maybe
    I like bourbon and Coke (though I tend to make 'em strong, 2:3 b:C) but it's my experience that the old woody ones don't work that well.[1]

1. "old woody" refers to the bourbon[2]

2. Though I guess an "old woody" Coke wouldn't work that well either.
    Last edited by CorvallisCracker; 08-01-2008 at 13:57.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by dunk50 View Post
    Well I know I ain't no snob and I sure ain't no purist but come Aug. 14th (my 38th wedding anniversary I am going to commit sacrilege. It's going to be a double shot of Pappy 23 and regular coke with about 6 ice cubes. Honest injun, it's going to happen! maybe
    Why would you ruin a perfectly good coke by putting ice in it?

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I couldn't agree with Tim more - if you like your bourbon with coke, drink it that way. It's not the way I drink my bourbon often these days, but for years all I drank was Jim Beam White and Cola premix cans.
    Many of the people who I used to drink premix with 20 years ago still only drink them and can't stand their bourbon straight. *
    If I'm visiting someone, and they offer me a premix can, I'm just as happy to drink that as I would be if if they'd offered me some Stagg or Pappy 23 neat.

* Note: Australia is the worlds biggest consumer of premix bourbon drinks (I think Chuck quoted this in another thread, but I couldn't find it)

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    * Note: Australia is the worlds biggest consumer of premix bourbon drinks (I think Chuck quoted this in another thread, but I couldn't find it)
    I didn't even know they made those. I, for the life of me, can't recall ever seeing one in stores.