Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Which Bottle Have You Laid To Rest?

HH BIB gold label. As my intro to the wonderful world of HH BIBs, it will always hold a special place in my heart. But for now, it occupies a special place in the recycle bin.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Novice

Finished a Balvenie 12 doublewood. Delicious! Especially great to give to friends who are new to whisky, since it's pretty sweet, with the intense honey flavors, and I've personally seen several friends who tried it and became Scotch converts.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by brritscold View Post
    Finished a Balvenie 12 doublewood. Delicious! Especially great to give to friends who are new to whisky, since it's pretty sweet, with the intense honey flavors, and I've personally seen several friends who tried it and became Scotch converts.
    It's what sold me on single malts.

Virtuoso

I just killed my last pour of Highland Park 18 year old.

I kept that bottle a long time...lol. I'm not sure when, or if, I will replace it. My days of spending $100+ on whisk(e)y are on hold for a while.

Novice

I just finished off a bottle of Glenmorangie 10 that I've had around for quite some time. It's still a mighty fine dram at an excellent price.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by pfiest View Post
    I just finished off a bottle of Glenmorangie 10 that I've had around for quite some time. It's still a mighty fine dram at an excellent price.
    Ever had the Nectar D'Or? Pretty good, IMHO. And I'm not even a fan of the Highland single malts.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Ever had the Nectar D'Or? Pretty good, IMHO. And I'm not even a fan of the Highland single malts.
    Yes, I actually enjoy most of the Glenmorangie line, but for the value (at least in OH), it's tough to beat the 10.

Virtuoso

Over the past few weeks I've killed a Laphroaig QC, Aberlour 10, Jameson 12, & Amrut Fusion. All will be replaced.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Virtuoso

Tonight I say goodbye to my bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. It was a tasty yet expensive bottle that lasted a few good weeks. Ardbeg is quickly becoming my favorite scotch AFTER Laphroaig. Laphroaig holds a special place in my heart. Kind of like that first love.

Guru

Auchentoshan 16 bit the dust last night. Looks like the bottle of Sheep Dip will be extinct tomorrow morning, as I continue to knock off odds and ends of near-empty bottles to make room for new ones.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet