Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Which Bottle Have You Laid To Rest?

Just finished off bottles of Highland Park 12 and Talisker 10. Both were excellent.

Virtuoso

Forty Creek Double Barrel Reserve. Quite a interesting bottle. It's certainly not like most of its canadian brethren, nor like most bourbons either.

Easy to drink, and quite tasty, and very corn forward to me. A recommended buy if you are looking for something different from north of the border.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BFerguson View Post
    Forty Creek Double Barrel Reserve. Quite a interesting bottle. It's certainly not like most of its canadian brethren, nor like most bourbons either.

Easy to drink, and quite tasty, and very corn forward to me. A recommended buy if you are looking for something different from north of the border.

B
    Have you had the Forty Creek Select? I am curious to see how the two match up. They don't sell the double barrel reserve in Michigan.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by awachatz View Post
    Have you had the Forty Creek Select? I am curious to see how the two match up. They don't sell the double barrel reserve in Michigan.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    No, this was my first foray into Forty Creek. I've been tempted to get the standard, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The Double is certainly something that I haven't seen in many places, I think i have spied it in only like 4 stores, and that was spread over three states.

B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Guru

JTS Brown BIB hit the deck last night. That stuff is quite nice and a fine value for $20.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    JTS Brown BIB hit the deck last night. That stuff is quite nice and a fine value for $20.

What part of Scotland is this from? Highlands? Islay?

(Bob - just being a smart-ass! )
    Tim

Enthusiast

Took the last bit of my Ardbeg Uigeadail, what a great pour. Following it up with some JW Gold I got as a gift over a year ago. Last quarter of the bottle so I'm going to work on kicking this one in the next couple days. It's very drinkable, almost to a fault. Super smooth and oily, raisins on the nose but the taste is a bit fresher, like pear.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Boozer View Post
    What part of Scotland is this from? Highlands? Islay?

(Bob - just being a smart-ass! )
    Tim
    My mistake. Hadn't noticed that this is a Scotch thread, as it's not mentioned in the thread title. But since we're on the topic, Aberlour 12 is now pushing up daisies and Aberlour 16 had better watch its neck!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Balvenie 14YO Carribean Cask ..... a great cigar malt
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Virtuoso

I killed an Octomore Orpheus last weekend. It had been open in my cabinet for well over a year and I had grown anxious to finally finish it. It's discombobulating to have a bottle where you can't see the fill line...

Anyway, now that it's gone, I miss it. Heavy, fresh peat (seriously kind of reminds me of wet-hopped IPA) finished in wine casks that brought out honey-pineapple gummies. Quite distinct, and a very different quality of peat than what you get in Ardbeg or Laphroaig. Holds its proof of 122 very well, though don't skip the drop or two of water, as it quite enhances it.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--