Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Taster

Re: New Georgia Moon Expressions

There's also the Leopold Bros. line of flavored whiskeys.

I can't attest to the quality of their product, good or bad, but I sure see a lot of it on the shelves around here.
    Traver

"If you fear I'll lose my spirit/Like a drunkard's wasted wine/Don't you even think about it/I'm feeling fine."--13th Floor Elevators

Enthusiast

Georgia Moon is an interesting animal. The mason jar is of course brilliant. Also interesting is that I have seen varied reactions to it. Some people run in fear thinking it will be nasty, harsh, and cause hair loss. I have also seen it received with great excitement.

A while back I set up an informal after work party where everyone was encouraged to bring along, share, and explain their 'vice'. I brought a lineup of whiskey, mostly bourbon, but including one scotch and a mason jar of GM. Another co-worker brought a nice spread of Cognac. Although the Cognacs were very good and the higher end Bourbons I brought were also very well liked, I have to say the most popular 'bottle' there was the jar. People really liked the flavor.

Mike

"You're the best bourbon drinkers ever!" - Margo (waitress at Bourbon's Bistro in Louisville)

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

Georgia Moon is bottled on nearly all the lines at Heaven Hill-- 200 (FL), 375, 750 (R), 750 (fruit) 1.00 (L) the only exception is 1.75...It's not a run on my line.

We bottled the new Georgia Moon, Peach and Lemonade a little over a month ago...in the fruit jar only. Unusal...I guess testing the market before they send it across all lines.
    Colonel Bettye Jo Boone
    Industrial Maintenance
    Technician/Journeyperson
    Heaven Hill Distilleries
    Bardstown, Kentucky

Connoisseur

I had some friends request that I bring Georgia Moon to a 4th of July event, as they had uncovered some cocktails that called for corn whiskey. Everyone tried it straight, and more than a couple of them came back for more.

I like the jar, but I'm more fond of Platte Valley's jug.

Regards,

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by TBoner View Post
    I had some friends request that I bring Georgia Moon to a 4th of July event, as they had uncovered some cocktails that called for corn whiskey. Everyone tried it straight, and more than a couple of them came back for more.

I like the jar, but I'm more fond of Platte Valley's jug.

Regards,
    Tim, Have you had Virginia Lightning? It and GM are the only two unaged corn whiskeys I have had. I rate the Virginia Lightning a good step up from GM.

Connoisseur

Brad, nope, I don't know if it's available in TX, but I've never seen it. I said several people came back for more of Georgia Moon; I wasn't one of 'em. I would like to taste a corn whiskey that's a step up (or just an aged version: Mellow Corn BIB is on the short list of things to buy should I get to KY before bonded products vanish entirely).

Regards,

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I got to try some AMS corn from the 60's I think...don't know where those notes are...and it was really fine. Possibly the finest drinking corn I've had...but the Mellow Corn is nice as well.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Disciple

Virginia lightning is on sale for 14.99 a 750 at Binnys right now!

Thomas