Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Disciple

Pics of Old Taylor

Only had a few minutes before my tour at BT, so there wasn't alot of time to campout.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disciple

Re: Pics of Old Taylor

Oh yeah, did I mention that I picked up my first really dusty bottle? Thought it would fit well with these pics. The dates are Spring 1917 and Fall 1933, Full Quart, Bib from Dist #53 AMS, permit # Ky P-19.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Novice

Wow, that brings back memories. Thanks for the pics. As teens, our favorite swimming hole was out back of there.
    Whiskey burps, God love 'em

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    Oh yeah, did I mention that I picked up my first really dusty bottle? Thought it would fit well with these pics. The dates are Spring 1917 and Fall 1933, Full Quart, Bib from Dist #53 AMS, permit # Ky P-19.
    Bloody hell, that is a beauty!!!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Disciple

Thanks, I was stoked to find that one.
    Jeff Mo.

Disciple

Post Re: Pics of Old Taylor

Jeff your Picture are awesome I have not yet figuered how to post some of mine of Kinsey but have many I would like to share and your Bottle is awesome too! I just got a Medical drinking only Bottle of Dougherty's 100 proof rye only a little left in it but sealed and with its box. Always enjoy reading your coments!
    Dave z

Disciple

Thanks Dave. You have to download the pic resizer to make it work correctly.
    I only had a few minutes to snap pics of Taylor, had an appointment at the Trace. I could have spent all day there, though. Lots of stuff to see and some great bourbon history as well.

Jeff Mo.

These pics are great.

A friend of mine recently moved into Woodford Co and happened upon Old Taylor and Old Crow the other day. We went down to see it this week.

They are both in sad shape. We wanted to look around some but were too chicken to do so. It would have been easy to do since the only thing stopping you is the rock wall up front. But we didn't fearing the wrath of our wives coming to bail us out of jail.

It was sad though. You could tell when EH Taylor built it it was everything he wanted as far as being a tourist kind of place. It still has the fish ponds and the areas where one could sit and ponder life while sweet smell of sour mash filled the air.

We both wondered why someone had not bought and restored it. Even if it were just the front and on back to the first rack-house. Costly I would suppose but a bummer to see the potential there and it just sit.

Virtuoso

I haven't been up that road in a while, but there were a lot of Beam trailers in the Old Crow lot every time I've been through there. It seems as if there's less Old Taylor every trip.

Disciple

Smile Re: Pics of Old Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    Jeff that is one beautiful Bottle there and very Rare too! If it is like my old bottle of that type it says for Medical drinking only! Mine is a 1926 I think Dougherty's and on the Box it states for Medical Drinking Only, Why do I like that saying!
    Dave