Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: BOTM, 8/08: Vintage Bourbon 17yo

Went through a bottle of this with my buddy quite a while back and to me every time I sampled from it I got thin, one dimensional almost flavorless bourbon. For 17 years old it didn't show me much.

For the $50 or just under that I've always seen it at I'd spend that money elsewhere personally... Like one a 11, 14 or 16 year Black Maple Hill if you can find it which has never disappointed me.
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Went through a bottle of this with my buddy quite a while back and to me every time I sampled from it I got thin, one dimensional almost flavorless bourbon. For 17 years old it didn't show me much.

For the $50 or just under that I've always seen it at I'd spend that money elsewhere personally... Like one a 11, 14 or 16 year Black Maple Hill if you can find it which has never disappointed me.
    Wow, that seems like an off bottle to me. The ones I have had have been full of tea, tobacco, chocolate and rye. Not supper deep with a change in the taste, but those were there and they we very nice to play with.

I do aggree that $50 is a lot for this bottle... I would rather see it at $35-40, but I keep a bottle around. It is also the only bottle I have my wife likes.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

From a comparative cost standpoint, I'm glad I didn't drop the $70 on the bottle I saw. In the $40 range, I'd take my chances. Thanks, fellas.

JOE