Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Hello bourbon enthusiasts

Hi,
    I'm new to Straightbourbon, but not too new to bourbon itself. I was formally introduced to bourbon via my first tasting with ACDetroit almost 2 years ago now, but didn't really get it. Then, last fall, he invited me to his house to try the '07 BTAC. Boy, am I glad I did! The first one I sampled was the 18 yr Saz and it was love at first sip. It's been all downhill since then! I got it that night, and now understand much more about bourbon, but can always learn more. Currently my collection stands in the neighborhood of 50 bottles, most current, some now out of production. ACDetroit introduced me to "dusty hunting" and I've been successful from time to time. My last find just a couple weeks ago was some Russell's Reserve 101. I've also been fortunate to find a couple Louisville Weller Centennial's, and a few others. Probably my favorite find, though, is a tax stamp bottle of Old Overholt Rye, possibly from 1985.

That's a little about me. I look forward to getting know more about bourbon, and you on the board.

Cheers!

Guru

Re: Hello bourbon enthusiasts

Obiron,

Welcome to the board. Yet another from SE MI.

Dusty hunting is getting popular in these parts. Tony is the pro.

Will

Connoisseur

Obiron, Welcome! You can't find a better person to introduce you to the world of bourbon than Tony, and from your post you sound like you are well on your way!

-Joe
    "I think the most un-American thing you can say is 'You can't say that' " - Garrison Keillor

Virtuoso

Bill! or as he's known by friends Gus, welcome brother, glad to see you on the board!

We have also done a tasting at Oscar's place with the Doc and my place with HogBen, and last time with Purplehaze67 (Rob) so you've met some group . Like I've said many time this is a great group with a vast knowledge of all things Bourbon and many other topics as of late.

One of the most exciting parts of my day is getting a call from Gus, with a question...they go like this most times; Hey I stopped at this little liquor store and they have this, this and this! I grabbed this, this, and that do you want any? You just have to love a friend like that!

Glad you made it and I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Welcome Bill. You're in good hands here, as you probably already know. Hope you have as much fun as I do. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Welcome Bill! The Michigan contingent grows stronger by the day! Yer just up the road from me!

Maybe with the new micro-distiller laws here we can all get together and open our own distillery. How about "Give 'Em a Shove" Straight Bourbon? There could be two collectable labels, one with Kwame Kilpatrick and one with Rick Mahorn.

PM me sometime and we'll get together some evening and share a couple glasses of the good stuff. I've finally gotten the back yard cleaned up so I can host people on the deck, but who knows how long this great weather will last. That's an invite to all the SE MI folks out there.
    Last edited by Josh; 08-13-2008 at 11:59.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Hey Gus, glad you finally made on SB.com.
    It's been a while, we need to go over to Tony's and raid his bunker.
    ovh