I discovered the site a couple of weeks ago when I was researching Rock Hill Farms...bought a bottle for my boss as a gift...it almost didn't make it to his hands. Kept reading the posts on the BOTW thread and thought I would go ahead and seek a username. The Beam thread was interesting...I hate Beam. EW Black kicks it's butt for a cheap fifth.

I'm not good enough to review bourbon using all those fancy tasting descriptors, but I do know what I like, and that's sippin' a good bourbon. Give me a oak and char and flavor, and a slow, warm burn. I like Pappy, no make that love Pappy, but the best for my money is EW Single Barrel. I also like Knob Creek quite a bit, but think Woodford is overpriced. If you can't drink it cut or neat, I don't bother. I don't collect either...when I buy it, I drink it.

I've been drinkin' bourbon for about 15 years, but I'm still a newbie to a lot of the high-end brands. I always look for Pappy, but when it ain't there I go for EW single or Knob Creek. I'll admit however I'm more of a fall/winter bourbon drinker. Can't wait to read more of your opinions...you guys seem to really know your stuff.

I'm ramblin'...but I love to talk bourbon about as much as fishin'. I live smack dab in the middle of eastern KY where we make more shine than bourbon. It's about a 90 minute drive to what i would consider a good bourbon selection.