Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Operation Kegerator

We have moved on from the Firestone to Pyramid Hefe. Tasting very fresh.

I need Oranges!!!
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Guru

Like to how many kegs you go through in the 1st 6 months and then in the following 6 months.

We went through 4 Kegs of Guinness in the 1st 6, and then 1 over the next 6...

We were going through more Guinness than the pubs around here.. .and it tasted better (poured right)

Enthusiast

The good thing about swtiching to homebrew is you can fit 3 kegs in that thing.

Here's my homebrew kegerator setup:
    http://www.somethingphischybrewing.c...kegerator.html

I need to update it as it now has 3 taps and I just had the main photo of it published in Northern Brewer's catalog! Woot! But there's not apic online of it. I have a tap handle stand now behind the tower where all the glasses are in the pics.

Where in SoCal are you? I'm down in San Diego and I'm brewing generally every other weekend. 19 batches so far in '08!
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.

Connoisseur

Phischy, she's a beauty! My kegerator, as such, is just the old refrigerator we replaced in the spring: room for two kegs, plus three tiers of bottles and the deli drawer for yeast. Hops are in the freezer. Not so pretty as yours, but it works. I do hope to do something more formal down the road. Good-looking setup.

Regards,

Enthusiast

Thanks, I just got the photo of it all done up with tap stand in the latest Northern Brewer catalog. Woot! I'm going to do a write up and try to get my kegerator and grain mill into Zymurgy. We'll see.

Guru

After kegs of SNPA, Firestone DB, Pyramid and Blue Moon Hefe all in 7.75's, I have decided that Lite Beer from Miller in the full 15.5 gallon was the next step.

It all starts Saturday Night with USC v OSU. It ends with MNF with my Eagles v Dallas. Lots of Sunday ball in between.

Bob Marley.

Enthusiast

Gross. You should have added another faucet and run 2 five gallon kegs in there!

but I'm still mad about the Chargers/Denver team. In our hands and taken away...by the refs.

Guru

Sam Adams Lager. Drop on by if you happen to be in the area.

Bob Marley.

Connoisseur

So far I've had Sam Adams Summer, Sam Adams Octoberfest, and now Victory HopDevil.

If anyone is on the fence about getting a kegerator I highly recommend taking the plunge. The only bad thing is the weight you might put on!
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Guru

Sammy left us after almost 2 months. It was the World Series and all the visitors that brought it to it's end.

Tapped a Fat Tire half this morning. Hoping this will last until right before the holidays. As always, stop on by if you are in the area.

Bob Marley.