Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Bourbon reviews are awesome

Hello all. I grew up in Southern Indiana close to Louisville, but after seeing the world in the Navy, I now reside in NW TN. I have been a Bourbon fan for a long time, but have only got into the better stuff in the last couple of years. I think BT is great Bourbon, especially at the price point. Either it or EWSB are my standard pour.

I have a buddy local, and we both enjoy trying new flavors. We both like Old Forrester, WR, and Weller 107. I would like to try the whole Weller lineup, but it is not real easy to find local. We did try Old Rip 90 proof, and didn't think it was too great. I am trying to get my hands on some 107, but have not had any luck yet. Also if you have not tryed Clyde Mays Alabama Whiskey, don't. We got it on sale one night, and it was utterly terrible.

I am not a collector, but I do have a bottle of George T Stagg, and WR Sonoma Cutrer I have not brought myself to open Yet.
    What are everyone's thought on the WR SC? Have not heard much feedback on it.

Look forward to cussing and discussing with yall.

Irreverent One

Re: Bourbon reviews are awesome

Welcome to SB.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Smittyb View Post
    I am not a collector, but I do have a bottle of George T Stagg, and WR Sonoma Cutrer I have not brought myself to open Yet.
    What are everyone's thought on the WR SC? Have not heard much feedback on it.
    It's not well distributed. I know I've never seen it, much less tried it.

Why don't you open it and post your notes?
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Novice

I actually stopped today after work and talked to a guy about ordering me some RVW 107. While there, I asked if he'd cut me a deal on the one remaining bottle of Sonoma cutrer. I am going to get back with him next week, he said he'd let me know what he can do.
    If I get it, I will be sure to let you know what I think.

Advanced Taster

Smittyb,

Welcome to SB! I grew up in NW Tennessee--Dyer County, which happened to be beer and liquor "wet". Where are you?

Cheers,
    Mark

Novice

Thanks for the welcome. I am actually in Dyer county as well!

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Welcome aboard, Smitty. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. I may be one of the few people who actually kinda likes the WRSC. It is extremely different from every other bourbon you'll try. It is dry, very dry. It comes at you hard with the WR taste profile, (that I liken to cantaloupe rind) but just more of it. It's nice after a good meal. I can't see drinking it in large doses, as it doesn't seem built for that. One thing against it, is it's too dang expensive at $100. But, if you can land it for under that, it would be an interesting addition to your line-up.

Again, welcome.

Cheers!

JOE