Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Connoisseur

New Product Wish List

Hiya Greg, Bettye Jo and all:

Are there any 'new' bourbons being introduced at the fest? Last year, Distillers Masterpiece 20y and Old Whiskey River made their debut.

My new product wish list would be:

- A single barrel Four Roses for US market
    - Anything from the pot stills at Labrot & Graham
    - A 15y Elijah Craig
    - A 107 proof Elmer T. Lee
    - A 101 proof or single barrel Makers
    - A 90-95 proof Basil Hayden
    - An affordable Old Potrero rye

What would you fellow bourbonians add to your wish list?

Cheers,
    Omar

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New Product Wish List

Hey Omar that's not off topic at all! So let's put this puppy in General Bourbon Topics. As for my wish I do agree that a single barrel pot-stilled bourbon from L&G is at the top of my list.

Connoisseur

Re: New Product

Ken Weber tells me they'll have a new barrel proof bourbon available later this year and available for our tasting Sept. 19 (Linn, please wear TWO pairs of pants!).

George T. Stagg Kentucky Bourbon, approx. 130 proof, 15 years old, uncut, unfiltered

George T. Stagg owned the distillery now known as Buffalo Trace in the 1880s and it carried his name.

**DONOTDELETE**

Greg if this is the BT#2 mashbill straight out of the barrel at fifteen years of age I would advise everyone to wear at least five pairs of pants.

Advanced Taster

I would be intrested in the 'new' pappy van winkle 23 year old, (which i believe is the 20 year old that is on sale now, but 3 years older)... It should be 23 years old soon i think (hope)... I like the wheat 20 year old a lot, and it would be intresting to compare it with the 23 year one (if it is released)... Actually, it would be real nice to have something between the 15 year old 107 proof and the current 20 year pappy van winkle... While i am at it, some hirsch in 'regular' production under $40 would be real nice...

...back in the realm of reality, I remember tasting last year at the gala a four roses 'super premium'... supposedly it was only for the japanese market... I wish we could get that here..

Hopefully we will all be suprised and the BT barrel proof will be available when we get down there so we can all take a bunch of bottles home with us in the trunk...

Didn't we taste a 107 proof Elmer T. Lee last year at the BT tasting? was that a discontinued thing, or was that something that we can hope for to be released?

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

I would like to see Wathens and Blanton's in a 1.75 liter size , Damn it's hard enough to buy those now I guess it would take a little planning ahead. Woodford also.

Administrator in exile

Actually I would like to see more premium bourbons in 200ml sizes. That way I could try more of them and not spend a fortune. And those little singles just piss me off. Most of the time the flavor is off and I really need more than a little taste to make up my mind. Last time I was at MM they told me that they don't even bottle those things at the distillery. They ship off the bourbon in a tanker to a bottling facility somewhere out west. Plenty of time to pick up "off" flavors. I remember trying Baker's for the first time in one of those little things. I thought I hated it and didn't try it again for a long time. Turns out I got a bad "bottle".

Disciple

I will bring a 6TH pair, just in case!

TomC

**DONOTDELETE**

BLEEE!

Guru

When I was in Atlanta, I saw Woodford in a full liter size. However, when I did the math, it was higher per unit than the 3/4 liter size. What a ripoff.

Tim