Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Disciple

Post Lindermans Framboise / Leinenkugel Berry Weiss and others

While on vacation the past week the first time I took a week in 7 years A friend bought me something I had never had as far as beer? Lindermans Framboise it was wonderful and I enjoyed my 8 oz glass of it, but it is way to much money to buy by the case $53. for 12 bottles. So I am trying other stuff on that order and one I bought the other day was Leinenkugels Berry Weis it is wonderful for the price of $26.50 a case. Went through 3 late last night and plan to have some tonight. Another one I have been told to try in a 'Framboise' is Appalachian Brewings Framboise - Lambic. I wondered how many have had these two kinds of Beers the Framboise's and the Berry Weiss's. I am going to try and find the ABC's Framboise and price it as have read it is really delious. Another Beer I have found I really like is Philadelphia Brewing's Walt Wit it is really a great Wit Beer.
    Dave Z
    Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food
    =================================

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: Lindermans Framboise / Leinenkugel Berry Weiss and others

I am a big fan of Belgian Ales. My favorite styles would be the Flemish ones, the Flander's Red and Brown, both sour beers and as such having a commonality to the Lambics. While I'm not much of a fruit beer fan, I have had the Lindemans Peche, a peach flavored offering and proclaimed it to be tasty. Another common flavor is the Kriek, sour cherry. However leaving the flavors aside, I find Gueuze to be very drinkable.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Dave, German wheat beers and probably Belgian-style ones (the wit type) were made in the U.S. before Prohibition. The styles came to America in the 1800's with immigrant brewers. Some of these were probably flavored, in a way similar to berry weiss. (I always thought that mixing beer and tomato juice, which is a concoction known in Western Canada and parts of the U.S., was the same idea as a fruit beer). So everything old becomes new again..

Gary

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    Dave, German wheat beers and probably Belgian-style ones (the wit type) were made in the U.S. before Prohibition. The styles came to America in the 1800's with immigrant brewers. Some of these were probably flavored, in a way similar to berry weiss. (I always thought that mixing beer and tomato juice, which is a concoction known in Western Canada and parts of the U.S., was the same idea as a fruit beer). So everything old becomes new again..

Gary
    Boy did you bring back a memory there Gary When I was young I went to a club called the Club 1000 in Pottstown and a friend there told me Dave try putting some Tomato Juice in your beer well I got hooked on that and just lately with some of my Cheaper Brands of Beer have tried this again and I still enjoy Tomato Juice in my beer! Back then The guy told me It will keep you from getting a Hang over well I do not know about that but it is very tasty!
    Thanks for bringing Back that memory Gary!
    Dave Z
    ==================================

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

In Canada it's called a Calgary Red-eye.

Gary

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    Another common flavor is the Kriek, sour cherry.
    I am no fan of Belgian beer but a relatively dry kriek on a hot summer day is quite all right. However I did discover a real kriek sensation this summer. I did have Timmermans kriek with rhubarb pie and vanilla ice cream. A real smash hit!

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Guru

In several bars I have taken notice to a 50/50 blend of the Young's Double Chocolate Stout and the Framboise. It is a very tasty end of the meal type drink. My wife enjoys it and has gotten her friends that are not really beer drinkers to appreciate it also.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    Boy did you bring back a memory there Gary When I was young I went to a club called the Club 1000 in Pottstown and a friend there told me Dave try putting some Tomato Juice in your beer well I got hooked on that and just lately with some of my Cheaper Brands of Beer have tried this again and I still enjoy Tomato Juice in my beer! Back then The guy told me It will keep you from getting a Hang over well I do not know about that but it is very tasty!
    Thanks for bringing Back that memory Gary!
    Dave Z
    ==================================
    I just noticed the other day that Bud has started doing a beer and clamato in aluminum bottles. You may enjoy that is you like the beer and tomato juice, Dave.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

I routinely float a large shot of beer on top of my Bloody Mary's. It marries well with the Vodka and all of the seasonings.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    In Canada it's called a Calgary Red-eye.

Gary
    Sounds like a great chaser for a bacon-infused shot of bourbon.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms