Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Seagram's Benchmark

The postman delivered a present to me today. One bottle of Seagram's Benchmark. My first oldie. Got lucky on eBay. Bid on it just for the heck of it, won it, and only paid $9.99 for it. Every once in a while. Below are pics. No date on tax stamp. 4/5 of a quart. Bottom of bottle has: D-126, 55 7 4, 5
    There's also a circle with the number 1 in it. I assume this is from the early 70's. Any opinions? Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Re: Seagram's Benchmark

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    The postman delivered a present to me today. One bottle of Seagram's Benchmark. My first oldie. Got lucky on eBay. Bid on it just for the heck of it, won it, and only paid $9.99 for it. Every once in a while. Below are pics. No date on tax stamp. 4/5 of a quart. Bottom of bottle has: D-126, 55 7 4, 5
    There's also a circle with the number 1 in it. I assume this is from the early 70's. Any opinions? Joe
    Joe,

I have the same bottle so I would venture 1974 based on the numbers you provided and looking at my bottle (which has the same numbers). Well done on getting that bottle for $9.99....what a great price. I also have some pint bottles from 1978 and I must say the whiskey is very good. Not complex but still very flavorful. One day I'll get adventuresome and do a side by side of my '74, '78, '85 and current.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog