Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Iowa

Hello from Iowa

Hello been lurking around here for a while had a little trouble getting activated, but been enjoying reading ever ones post. I enjoy bourbon presently been drinking WT101, WTRB, Knob Creek and Booker's but these sites are giving me so many ideas of new bourbons to try. Also ones to avoid that will probably save me some money and grief. I don't talk much so I probably won't post much. Thanks for letting me join in.

Guru

Re: Hello from Iowa

Welcome, P_elliott.

Those are all good bourbons you mentioned. Iowa is a control state but judging from what's available just west of the Mississippi River in Davenport, you should be able to get Eagle Rare Single Barrel. That will give you an Idea, through what is referred to as "distillery character", what Buffalo Trace products taste like.

As my user-name indicates, I'm from the Illinois side of the river. What part of Iowa are you from?

Welcome P. There's a wealth of info here. The people are great too. Feel free to post with questions, observations, or whatever, anytime. We're kinda like Motel 6. We'll leave a light on for you. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Welcome P. There's a wealth of info here. The people are great too. Feel free to post with questions, observations, or whatever, anytime. We're kinda like Motel 6. We'll leave a light on for you. Joe
    Nice welcome Joe.

Hey PE,
    looks like your making the rounds. Gona get your fill of the bourbon lifestyle.

You'll find alot more daily bourbon talk here, more than any where else. The group is wonderful at answering questions at any level of bourbonium. So, explore away, good Sir.

Jeff Mo.

Guru

Welcome, P!

Looking for suggestions, eh? There's an easy way to see what each member recommends. For example start by clicking on "bluesbassdad" in the area to the left of this post. Select "Public Profile" from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to "Recommendations".

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    Welcome, P_elliott.

As my user-name indicates, I'm from the Illinois side of the river. What part of Iowa are you from?

I'm originally from the SE corner of Iowa but now live in SW corner.

Disciple

Welcome!

If you're looking for good affordable bourbon, you may find this thread useful:
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ead.php?t=8142
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Sijan View Post
    If you're looking for good affordable bourbon, you may find this thread useful:
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ead.php?t=8142

"Ooooh...I'm Dan...look how useful I am..."

Shameless self promoter. Like me telling a student: Excellent question, now go buy my book.

Just kidding, Dan. I actually dropped some language from your A-C brief in class the other day.

Welcome, P-E. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as we do! Don't forget to try your allegedly local product, Templeton Rye.
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. François View Post
    "Ooooh...I'm Dan...look how useful I am..."

Shameless self promoter. Like me telling a student: Excellent question, now go buy my book.

Just kidding, Dan. I actually dropped some language from your A-C brief in class the other day.

Welcome, P-E. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as we do! Don't forget to try your allegedly local product, Templeton Rye.

What do you mean by alledegly??? I have a fellow bourbon drinker at work that also likes rye whiskey and he says it's awful.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    What do you mean by alledegly??? I have a fellow bourbon drinker at work that also likes rye whiskey and he says it's awful.
    Chuck Cowdery summarizes the current controversy over Templeton Rye quite well:

http://chuckcowdery.blogspot.com/search?q=templeton

It seems as though the current Templeton is, indeed, a local product. Otherwise, they're also buying used barrels, re-branding them, and selling them at the gift shop.
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut