Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Taster

Re: Whiskyfest in NYC

Don't worry, Linn - the S****h can't remember that they lost the Battle of Culloden and are a part of Great Britain. Now, as to us Monongahela Pennsylvanians, we all realize that the Whiskey Rebellion was actually won by us - the mopping up process is just taking a little bit of time.

Ralph "Don't Tread on Me" Wilps

Guru

Last April when the fest was in Chicago on a Thursday night we (a co-worker and a brother-in-law) went downtown...arranged to stay overnight and went to work back in the burbs from downtown....it helps if you have an accomodating manager and wife. Try to make it some how...kilt or no kilt...it is a big world of whiskey and life is too short to limit yourself!

Enthusiast

A group of friends and I will be going, so if you do go, let me know.

Bob

Enthusiast

Well Linn, there are quite a few Bourbons that will be represented: one of your favorites, Blanton's, Buffalo Trace (maybe we'll get to try some of their new October releases), Eagle Rare, Elmer T Lee (he'll be there himself!), numerous Heaven Hill products, Maker's Mark, Old Potero, Jim Beam's Small Batch Bourbons, a number of Van Winkle's, WILD TURKEY, WL Weller and Woodford Reserve. In addition to Mr. Lee, Lincoln Henderson and the manager's from Maker's Mark and Wild Turkey distilleries are scheduled to be there. And yes, quite a few good Scotch products, which I know is terrible to say here, but as you say, we should tell it like we see it, and I say Single Malt Scotch is good! So is Bourbon! So, I know I'll have a good ole time, up in NYC. Too bad you can't be here. Sorry I can't be in Kentucky for some of the great events going on down there, but I'm glad there is an event like Whiskyfest happening in my hometown. Hope to see some of you there!

Bob