Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Going to Binnys!!

I am heading to Binny's this Thursday and want to get a few reasonably priced Bourbon's. I like the rye heavy stuff (WT 101, OGD BiB, EC 12 etc) But, I am not opposed to some wheaters maybe Old Weller 107? I am looking for something that Binny's may only carry. I dunno, I am open for your suggestions.

Regards.

Trippah and Admin

Re: Going to Binnys!!

If you're going to the South Loop store, you can sample a few pours in their tasting room before buying. The prices for the pours are very reasonable.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    If you're going to the South Loop store, you can sample a few pours in their tasting room before buying. The prices for the pours are very reasonable.
    Going to the Schaumburg store

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    I am heading to Binny's this Thursday and want to get a few reasonably priced Bourbon's. I like the rye heavy stuff (WT 101, OGD BiB, EC 12 etc) But, I am not opposed to some wheaters maybe Old Weller 107? I am looking for something that Binny's may only carry. I dunno, I am open for your suggestions.

Regards.
    Hopefully one of your fellow Chicagoans, such as Chuck, will give you some inside information as to what's available "in the back".

Failing that, take a look at their website and keep an eye out for Binny's hand-picked barrel bottlings, for example here and here . Or start here for the big picture.

If I were making the trip and looking for rye-heavy bourbons, my purchase would probably include this and this .

As a rye fan you should also consider a rye whiskey or two, such as this, this and this. Also ask whether there's any Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye hidden in the back.

You might try calling their whiskey hotline before you set out. The guy to talk to used to be Brett, but I don't know whether he's still there.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Last edited by bluesbassdad; 09-09-2008 at 19:29.
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbassdad View Post
    You might try calling their whiskey hotline before you set out. The guy to talk to used to be Brett, but I don't know whether he's still there.....
    I second that. Brett is the man to talk to, he'll tell you what they have, things they have that aren't listed on the web site.

Guru

they got that 27 yr Willett SW Juice Cask that is now down to 22 bottles left of the 24 (Bird and I just had to have one)

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    I am heading to Binny's this Thursday... I am looking for something that Binny's may only carry. I dunno, I am open for your suggestions..
    Binnys has/had a few specialties that may interest you:

AAA 10yo
    Buffalo Trace with Brett's collaboration on the barrels
    Elmer T Lee

I'm intrigued by their 3 FRSB selections, but that's pricier than you said you wanted.

Would you also go to Sams? They have the Saz 10yo and I think they do a Buffalo Trace Single Barrel, which is really funny because BT was never meant to be a single barrel.

Roger

Guru

Definitly get the AAA 10 yr... great bourbon/$

That is a nice store. The only Binny's I've had the pleasure to visit so far. If you haven't been before, don't let your jaw hit the floor when you see their selection of bourbons. I like the Weller bourbons. Try the 107. It's one of my favorite pours. They also have their own bottling of Weller 12 yr old. It's darn good too. Don't forget to sign up for your Binny's card! Have a good time and let us know how it goes. By the way, where do you call home? Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Thank you for the suggestions. What is AAA 10 yr??
    Home for me is in the far NW suburbs of Chicago, more specifically in Lake in the Hills