Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Hello from Laguna Niguel

Thanks for the wealth of information. I found this site while searching for more VWSR on-line and have since found a world of bourbon that I had no idea existed. I really like the VWSR, but this since reading many of the posts here, I have purchased and tried WLW 12, ORVW 15, PVW 15, PVW 20 and GTS 2007. All really great pours.
    If anyone knows where I can find more PVW 15 in OC, SD or LA (not Hi Time for $69), let me know. If anyone has any suggestions that I should try, let me know that too.
    Thanks again for the great site.
    Jim

Re: Hello from Laguna Niguel

Welcome Jim, Looks like you've got a pretty good start. All the bourbons you've tried are good selections. One suggestion, don't overlook some of the less expensive bourbons. There are some good ones out there. Weller Special Reserve, Weller Antique 107 and Old Fitzgerald 100 proof BIB, to name a few. Check the history on some of the threads, and I'm sure you'll find others. Again, welcome and good luck. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

welcome to the fold... .................................

Advanced Taster

Spun - I've read a lot of your posts. You always have some great information, thanks for the welcome.

Joe - The Old Fitz and the Wellers sound interesting, I'll be sure to give them a try. Thanks for the tip.

Jim

Disciple

Welcome to the board. VWSR is one of my favorites. Have you tried Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit or Rock Hill Farms? Those are both favorites of mine in the same sort of $40-50 price range you seem to be shopping in. (The Van Winkles are also, of course, extraordinary.)
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Advanced Taster

Thanks for the welcome Dan. I've read a lot of your posts - always some good information. I appreciate the tip on the Rock Hill Farms. I'll pick some up and try it this weekend.
    I was in your neck of the woods last week, business in D.C. and Fort Belvoir. The weather was perfect and everything seemed so green, almost couldn't find the Fort there were so many trees. It's easier to see around the palm trees here in So Cal. It's beach weather still and always a good time for a good bourbon out by the pool.
    Jim
    Last edited by onmytrack; 09-18-2008 at 20:42.

Guru

Welcome, another SoCal bourbon drinker. It is nowhere near the beach but you can find Riverside easily. I need help drinking what I have.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Advanced Taster

SBOmarc, thanks for the welcome. I should have found this site earlier, I was going to Riverside (Big League Dreams Ballpark) twice a month last year to watch my son play 14U travel baseball. Now there was time to have some bourbon, it appeared the umpires did! He's in HS now and plays local.
    I came across the La Bodega Wine website looking for some G T Stagg, almost drove out there, but they sold out before I could pull the trigger. They seemed a little high priced, but had the goods. Have you been there? Is it worth the drive? In OC, we have Winex and Hi Time. I haven't found much else that carries the good stuff. I usually order on-line. Any word on when the 2008 BTAC will reach CA?
    Jim

Advanced Taster

Looks like Shopper's Vineyard has received additional PVW 15 & 20. Ordered some of each with delivery expected on Monday. I also picked up some WTKS and some Rock Hill Farms. I plan to give those a taste this weekend.
    Jim

Guru

I know La Bodega well, and they know me. It is worth the ride IF you get to Hi Time and what you want isn't there. HT will have the BTAC soonest in So Cal. If they put it out or keep it hidden, is the question. Stop by and inquire and you might get lucky.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.