Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Autumn 2008

Not for me but for another SB.com brother from PA! I was fortunate enough to meet Doug and Joe on my trip this summer.

Anyway Doug had bought a bottle from me and we needed change and did not have it. So needless to say I owe Doug some coin! Well until last night, I grabbed the last one on the shelf sorry for anyone else that may have wanted one they are all gone.

The 7 year old age statement Old Crow decanter in the box still tax stamp sealed! do not have a photo to post but it looks very nice and Oscar and I tasted the one I opened the and still we want to know why anyone would want to make such nice juice so bad today!

See you in April Doug!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post

The 7 year old age statement Old Crow decanter in the box still tax stamp sealed! do not have a photo to post but it looks very nice and Oscar and I tasted the one I opened the and still we want to know why anyone would want to make such nice juice so bad today!

See you in April Doug!

Tony
    Do you think any of the distilleries reps read any of the post on here and if they do does it have an impact on them?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Do you think any of the distilleries reps read any of the post on here
    Perhaps !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliot View Post
    ...and if they do does it have an impact on them?

Probably not !!!
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Virtuoso

Picked up 1 x ORVW 10/107, 2 x PVW15, 1 x Lot B for the bunker. Prices have jumped here, PVW is $65, ORVW is $40, and Lot B went to $55. I had last years prices locked in with this place (had them on order so I saved a bundle but next time around will be brutal).
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Do you think any of the distilleries reps read any of the post on here and if they do does it have an impact on them?

Yes Paul, there are some reps from a couple places on here. Do I think it has an effect on them? Not really...I could scream until I passed out and gave myself a closed head injury and JB White Label will still be the best selling Bourbon and Old Crow will still be their Red headed Step child in the corner. If you ever get a chance to try some pre-Beam Old Crow, please do! Note to self, if I don't drink it all bring this to the Spring Sampler!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Connoisseur

I'm told a box containing the following should be arriving on Wed, just in time as that is when I'll be returning from Whiskyfest:

'08 GTS
    '08 WLW
    '08 THH
    '08 Saz18
    Rittenhouse BIB

As with previous years I've been excited to get my hands on the latest BTAC bottles (Not really a fan of ER17 so I passed on it again.) but it's been so long since I've had Rittenhouse BIB I think I'm just as excited, or perhaps slightly more excited, to be receiving that! :]
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

i just bought (after consideration) a bottle of EZRA BROOKS 12 year SINGLE BARREL (bourbon enthusiast reviews from folks here helped!)...

yum.

at least for me, very similar to the EAGLE RARE 10....but this is quite smooth, complex, better. maybe only because it's on my tongue right NOW...

comes from BARREL 313, and dumped into the bottle on 2-08 (as written).

there are still 5 bottles left, 2 from barrel 313, and 3 from 312...worth $25 easily
    Last edited by polyamnesia; 11-10-2008 at 15:43.
    HUP!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by polyamnesia View Post
    i just bought (after consideration) a bottle of EZRA BROOKS 12 year SINGLE BARREL (bourbon enthusiast reviews from folks here helped!)...

yum.

at least for me, very similar to the EAGLE RARE 10....but this is quite smooth, complex, better. maybe only because it's on my tongue right NOW...

comes from BARREL 313, and dumped into the bottle on 2-08 (as written).

there are still 5 bottles left, 2 from barrel 313, and 3 from 312...worth $25 easily
    Is this a Ezra Brooks 12 yr or is it the little squaty Ezra B 12 yr old with the Blue wax on the neck? Just wondered cause I have not seen Ezra Brooks 12 yr old in some time unless it was from over seas.

Tony

Connoisseur

hey tony! and no, it's the squatty blue waxer! but it's really tasty and i can at least tell it's 12 years and simply high quality. really. on THIS board, read some positives. on the Enthusiast, i think more positives. . .

i REALLY wish i has bought another one of those GIANT bottles of ER10yr....when they were cashing out here in PA at 34.00 a bottle....

but right now, pour #3 of this EB is singing my tongue really well...dark chocolate and a slice of homemade bread with asiago cheese are really working well with it....

99 proof if that helps....

BY THE WAY.......i trust yer judgement...! and should i spend $40 for a remaining bottle of WTRR101 i've seen? only one in the big vicinity of Philly that i know of......................
    Last edited by polyamnesia; 11-10-2008 at 16:27.
    HUP!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by polyamnesia View Post
    BY THE WAY.......i trust yer judgement...! and should i spend $40 for a remaining bottle of WTRR101 i've seen? only one in the big vicinity of Philly that i know of......................
    Tough call there! See ORVW 10/107 is $39.99 here but I never paid much over $30 for the WTRR101 and most of them were in the mid $20's. If you really like WT then yes I say get it! If it's just to try you could buy a couple Weller Antique 107's for that kind of coin!
    I will say that the WTRR101 is atrain load better than the current release, and I do enjoy it! If you have the extra $40 I'd say yes if it cuts into the monthly bourbon budget skip it.

Sorry I'm so wishy washy!
    Tony

I to have a bottle of the Ezra B 12yr olde and one left of the Ezra B 15 yr as well. Glad to here the 12 is tasty.