Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Irreverent One
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Heart of the Beaver State
    Posts
    2,395

    Dusties in Dreamland

    I don't know - maybe I'm spending too much time reading about/thinking about/drinking bourbon. Last night I dreamt I was back in my old hometown (Tallahassee) at the airport, where (in my dream) they'd added a liquor store, a branch of Market Square Liquors. I was perusing the shelves and found a bottle of WLW and one of the Handy rye. I remember looking at the labels and noting that they weren't recent releases (i.e., 2007 or 2008).

    I'm wondering if I need help.
    Scott

    "Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

  2. #2
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,621

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    Unless the sales clerk was a naked Scarlett Johansson, yes, you need help.

  3. #3
    Irreverent One
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Heart of the Beaver State
    Posts
    2,395

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Unless the sales clerk was a naked Scarlett Johansson, yes, you need help.
    I guess I do then, because the sales clerk was a naked Salma Hayek.

    "Chu don't want that steekin' wheeskee," she said, sliding a bottle toward me. "Chu want thees."

    I tore my gaze away from her two prime assets and looked at it. A bottle of El Tesoro Anejo.

    "No, I've had that. It tastes like Laphroaig Scotch."

    "Chu say that like eet's a bad theeng."

    "For me, it is."
    Last edited by CorvallisCracker; 10-09-2008 at 11:05.
    Scott

    "Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Homestead, Florida USA
    Posts
    422

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    You need to stop thinking about Bourbon and start drinking it.

  5. #5
    Irreverent One
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Heart of the Beaver State
    Posts
    2,395

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    You need to stop thinking about Bourbon and start drinking it.
    Hey, I am drinking it. Last night was EWSB 1994/2004 and, um, Vbt #149.

    Maybe it was the combination.
    Scott

    "Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

  6. #6
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    If it gives Salma Hayek dreams tham I am going to get some of that EWSB 94/04
    ovh

  7. #7
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,621

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    Scarlett Johansson was just an illustration. Salma Hayek is more than acceptable. You have nothing to worry about.

  8. #8
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Homestead, Florida USA
    Posts
    422

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    Quote Originally Posted by CorvallisCracker View Post
    Hey, I am drinking it. Last night was EWSB 1994/2004 and, um, Vbt #149.

    Maybe it was the combination.


  9. #9
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,606

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    Quote Originally Posted by CorvallisCracker View Post
    I don't know - maybe I'm spending too much time reading about/thinking about/drinking bourbon. Last night I dreamt I was back in my old hometown (Tallahassee) at the airport, where (in my dream) they'd added a liquor store, a branch of Market Square Liquors. I was perusing the shelves and found a bottle of WLW and one of the Handy rye. I remember looking at the labels and noting that they weren't recent releases (i.e., 2007 or 2008).

    I'm wondering if I need help.
    That is weird....

    the other night I had a dream where I bought this huge old house.....and the people didn't move all their stuff out...I mean there was tons of crap. And low and behold there was a cubbard with a bunch of super wild dusty pints and travelers. Don't know how my brain filled out all the labels? Wish I could remember why I wasn't drinking them?

    Crazy, crazy.
    ______________________________

    Jeff Mo.

  10. #10
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky!
    Posts
    4,749

    Re: Dusties in Dreamland

    If someone figures out he right combo to dream about Anne Hathaway, just let me know..
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

    As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

    I'm no Pappyophile

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Found some dusties
    By NickAtMartinis in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 19:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top