Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guru

Re: Dusties in Dreamland

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    That is weird....

the other night I had a dream where I bought this huge old house.....and the people didn't move all their stuff out...I mean there was tons of crap. And low and behold there was a cubbard with a bunch of super wild dusty pints and travelers. Don't know how my brain filled out all the labels? Wish I could remember why I wasn't drinking them?

Crazy, crazy.
    Jeff....that's no dream....just come to SE DC and you can get all the dusty travelers you want.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    That is weird....

the other night I had a dream where I bought this huge old house.....and the people didn't move all their stuff out...I mean there was tons of crap. And low and behold there was a cubbard with a bunch of super wild dusty pints and travelers.
    About 14 years ago an old friend of mine moved into a house whose basement held a wet bar. The bar still had many bottles of wine...and one bottle of whiskey, still sealed with a green bond stamp on top. Friend despises whiskey, knew I liked it, and offered it to me.

Old Grand-Dad, Bottled in Bond, Product of National Distillers Corp. I have the empty bottle stored away where I can't get to it at the moment (to prevent breakage) but it was bottled sometime in 1979 or 1980. Thanks, I think I can take that off your hands quite nicely, I said.

Guru

Lately, I've been realy tired in the evenings. I will come home from work, eat a little supper and go straight to bed for two and a half to three and a half hours, get up, eat again, and spend several hours in front of the computer before going back to bed. This, along with spending so much time on SB.com has caused me to dream of bourbon. At least I'm not alone.

Virtuoso

I've also had bourbon dreams but they've been happening less and less frequently. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy38 View Post
    I've also had bourbon dreams but they've been happening less and less frequently. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    Depends what they have been replaced by....
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Virtuoso

Dreams about Scotch. Actually, I'd guess they're more like nightmares...

"Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy38 View Post
    Dreams about Scotch. Actually, I'd guess they're more like nightmares...

Hopefully, kilts were not involved>
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    If someone figures out he right combo to dream about Anne Hathaway, just let me know..
    Well, the combination for Megan Fox is... waitaminute no, that's a secret.
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Virtuoso

Smile Re: Dusties in Dreamland

It's so strange you had that dream because I was actually in the Tallahassee airport yesterday and met Selma Hayek. Really. She said she was in town visiting her cousin who goes to school at FSU. We went into the bar and met the sales guy from Market Square who had some WLW from 06 with him and we all shared a round. He is a nice guy and she is a nice lady. She gave me her phone number but because she said she prefers Tequela to Bourbon I threw it away.

Greetings from Tallahassee

Advanced Taster

So I went out and got the EWSB, and I got clown dreams, maybe a little Cabo Wabo would get me Selma, or maybe just OD on MILK, now thats got some merit!
    "I'm and optimist, even if the glass is half empty, there's still more in the bottle!!!!!"