Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Novice

Howdy from Dallas

Just joined here after trying to find some information on the 2008 BTAC release. Looks like a great deal of information to be had.

I just recently started trying different bourbons other than the usual Jack & Jim that are available at most bars after diving head first into Scotch and other aged whisky. Huge fan of Eagle Rare and Stagg but I'm hoping to get to try all the different BTAC bottles this year. Also a fan of Four Roses and Bookers.

Disciple

Re: Howdy from Dallas

Welcome,

This is a great site. What section of the Metroplex are you in? We have lots of folks from Texas on the site.

Feel free to explore all of the old posts and threads....most questions have been asked numerous times. If you can't find an answer...don't hesitate to post a new thread.

Also, don't feel you have to spend 40-50 for a real nice bourbon or rye. I rarely drink bottles over $20 and am always satisfied.

I look forward to your posts.

Jeff Mo.

Guru

Welcome aboard!

I just clicked on your screen name and looked at your public profile, which includes your bourbon recommendations. I see some pretty high-class bottlings there. Noticeably absent are Blanton's and Rock Hill Farms, two high-end bottlings from Buffalo trace. The latter is one of my favorites, and I'd say just about everyone likes one or both. That distillery's namesake bottling, usually priced similarly to Knob Creek, is also worth a try.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Virtuoso

Hey Greg, nice to see you here and welcome! Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do. The Bourbon knowledge here is as vast as the smoke knowledge on the Pass.

It's a great group and I hope you enjoy the ride.

Cheers!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Novice

I've tried Blanton's and it just wasn't my style...maybe I need to try it again. I have been meaning to try the Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel but have not gotten around to it. I also want to try Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey as well although that's not a bourbon.

Tony, I've recognized a few people from the Pass on here...good to see you here as well.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GregSVT View Post
    I've tried Blanton's and it just wasn't my style...maybe I need to try it again. I have been meaning to try the Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel but have not gotten around to it. I also want to try Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey as well although that's not a bourbon.

Tony, I've recognized a few people from the Pass on here...good to see you here as well.
    I am not a fan of Blanton's either, although I'd probably buy it now and then at, let's say, half the price. I refer to RHF as what Blanton's wants to be when it grows up.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Welcome Greg, You have a lot of good company down there in the Lone Star State. There's no place like this place, so this must be the place. Hope you like it here, and have some fun. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"