Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Wathens..a little info please

I havent looked at their label in a while so I need some help here..Who makes this bourbon and why is it bottled in California? It is excellent bourbon,but sending there to be bottled has to make the cost a lot higher..anyone?

Disciple

Re: Wathens..a little info please

The search function should be of great assistence to you. I believe that it has been discussed numerous times here.

Jeff Mo.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Wathen's is a non-distiller producer. There is no way of knowing who made it, but if it still says Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, then it was one or more of the usual suspects.

Advanced Taster

Sorry Mozilla,dont have time to go hunting for things like that..thought that's what discussion boards were for..I dont post too often and I dont look back through months of threads to see if a topic has been brought up. If you dont want to answer the question,dont post..

Connoisseur

You're really missing out, Cat. Not only is the search function a great way to get questions answered, you're sure to learn more than you thought to ask for. And if you use advanced search and search titles only, it doesn't take much more time than typing out a new post.

-Mike
    "This is the real article. It is double-rectified busthead from Madison County, aged in the keg. A little spoonful would do you a power of good."

-True Grit by Charles Portis

Virtuoso

Sorry Wildcat,

You don't tell valued members of this forum like Mozilla that they're not allowed to post if they're not going to spoon feed you on demand.

The search is simple, fast and effective - just as he suggested.

I just typed "wathens" into the advanced search, specified titles only and was given 6 threads: yours, the two best sources for info, and three from the early days of this forum. Within one minute I had accessed all of the many posts I remembered from a few years back. The third thread "Wathens available again" discusses your questions in detail.

By the way, Wathens is bottled by Frank-Lin in San Jose, and you can read the reasoning as told to forum members by Charles Medley himself in the thread.

Roger
    Last edited by Rughi; 10-27-2008 at 07:02.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

If you're really pressed for time, I'm always available to do your research for you, though my fee isn't cheap...let me know, I'll set you up an account. I just need some simple credit information, some references, your first born...usual stuff like that.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdon View Post
    Sorry Mozilla,dont have time to go hunting for things like that..thought that's what discussion boards were for..I dont post too often and I dont look back through months of threads to see if a topic has been brought up. If you dont want to answer the question,dont post..

Gee Don, sorry I screwed up your system. I will be sure to follow your instructions, next time.

Jeff Mo.

Advanced Taster

Damn you people are as childish as the people on the Catspause sports boards..Good grief..Rughi,I guess I can tell you too...Dont like it, dont respond....No one on here is God,so dont act like it...

Advanced Taster

Sorry Scratchline,I meant to exclude you from the childish aspect..Your reply was civil and respectful and I appreciate that. Don