Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

kentucky tavern 1940

bet your all sick of this ?..first off.thank you.and second..lol.I dont/cant drink or do I no the first thing about it.my grandfather had this sitting in a cabinet for as long as I could remember.is it worth trying to sell.it will go to waste if I keep it around.or one of my grand kids may get into it..100 proof bottled in bond kentuckey tavern straight bourben whiskey.born in 1940,bottled in 44.again everyone.sorry to bug you all with this.
    Last edited by michael64; 10-28-2008 at 14:14.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: kentucky tavern 1940

I would recommend donating it to the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History in Bardstown, KY. Often bottles of that age have had their flavor deteriorate to the point of non-drinkability, and as such only have value as a collection piece.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

thanks alot for responding.

Connoisseur

Many may remember the 8yr Kentucky Tavern BIB (d-1936;b-1944) I brought to the Gazebo a few years ago. Lot of fusel oils...Old Bathroom Cleaner...but Chuck Cowdery and many others seemed to enjoy it.
    Dave G.

Guru

I remember Old Kentucky Tavern BiB (1949/1955) as being very good bourbon. I brought it to the Gazebo a couple years ago. Everyone seemed to like it. The empty glass decanter was donated to the Getz and occupies a place in one of their display cabinets today.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

thanks for all the help people..my wife put it on fleabay.lol..she thinks its her ticket to the better life..lol..I tried to tell her that with the price she will get for it and 5,00 more we could go out for pizza..again everyone ,,THANKS A MILLONhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/31882332@N02/
    Last edited by michael64; 10-29-2008 at 20:39.

Guru

you should have drank it... less trouble...

LOL,,TRUE TRUE..If I could remember her password I would delete the auction..the nite is still young..