Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: My Introduction

Hybrid View

Novice

My Introduction

Hey y'all! My name's Phil. I'm 22 years old and a college student. I'm in my second year of pre-med/bio chemistry(my fourth year total). When I changed my major from criminal justice, I realized that I actually needed to study instead of getting hammered 4 times a week. Up untill then my drinks of choice were cheap beer, jim beam and evan williams(shots). I suppose I've grown up a little bit, and now I desire to be more mature with my drinking. While searching for new and different bourbons I stumbled upon this forum. I want to learn how to "taste" bourbon. It looks like I've come to the right place.

P.S. I've got this old bottle of bourbon. Can y'all tell me how much it's worth?

Guru

Re: My Introduction

It is worth drinking

Welcome to teh group... stay focused... you wil le able to afford the good stuff later....

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Welcome, Dr. Phil. I hope you enjoy your time here. I'm sure you will. Problem with this site, though, is you can spend too much time on it, and not studying!

Your college tale made me chuckle a bit, as I thought of that scene in "Animal House" where they come up before the Standards Board...

Otter: "Take it easy, I'm pre-law."
    Boone: "I thought you were pre-med?"
    Otter: "Same thing..."

For help in learning how to taste bourbon, take a look at the 7 Stickies at the front of the TASTING section on here. They were authored by Marvin, and I have found them to be invaluable in helping me in my bourbon tasting journey.

Again, Welcome!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Enthusiast

Welcome to the site.

It's always nice to see early converts. I didn't figure out that I liked bourbon until my late 20's. For many on this board, it wasn't until their 40's or 50's.

You have many decades of enjoyment ahead of you.
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut