Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Newbie from east Tennesee

Just wanted to drop a line and say hi to everyone. I'm new to both the board and to whiskey.

Two trips to Lynchburg during the past three years while playing tour guide for family visiting from New York finally got me interested in whiskey. I've tried Jack, George (which I prefer to the Jack), and recently a bottle of Evan Williams BiB. I've really gotten interested in whiskey- and bourbon in particular- and stumbled across this site. Great stuff and I look forward to learning from everyone here.

Steven

Enthusiast

Re: Newbie from east Tennesee

Welcome, Steven. Glad you found your way here.

There are so many whiskey options north of the TN border...while TN has 5 or 6 iterations of two labels, Kentucky has hundreds of labels, usually much cheaper than their TN cousins.

That said, I think TN is a marvelous place to live. We came very close to moving to Nashville a few years back. I hope the ragweed hasn't been too thick this year.

Welcome!
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut

Enthusiast

Welcome from a fellow East Tennessean. I am over in Dayton. Glad to have you here! Enjoy!

Novice

Dave-

Talk about small worlds! I'm just down the road in Athens and know Dayton very well; used to drive through it when I went to The Fish Store in Evansville.

Are there any shops you recommend? I've been to Turkey Creek a couple of times and McScrooge's and Toddy's are on my list of stores to check out.

Virtuoso

Hi, and welcome.
    I've been to McScrooge's and it's a pretty well-stocked shop with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. They're a little younger, better informed and, dare I say, "hipper" than the staff at the state run shops here in NH. You'll like the place a lot.

I got a couple of bottles of their hand picked Four Roses Single Barrel (FR1B) last year and it was dynamite. Knoxville is a very cool town and E. Tennessee in general is a wonderful place.

Cheers to ya!