Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Post Do you sometimes just plain enjoy a good old fashion Macro Beer better then anything

Well Last night I was drinking Reading beer which was brought back after all these years by a couple of People taking a chance and I drank some Narragansett which also returned the same way back a couple of years ago and I have many kinds and types of beer on hand yet for me there are times when nothing but one of eiither of these two or a Iron City will Do.

There something about a Old Time regular macro style of beer that just hits the spot and I find more than offten I am going for one of them instead of my fancer beer! I am wondering am I one of few or is this something very common today with there being so few good Macro beers around anymore, Back when I was young there were so many choices. So I wanted to pick your Brains about this.
    Dave Z

Beer Its Not Just A Beverage Beer Is Food

Connoisseur

Re: Do you sometimes just plain enjoy a good old fashion Macro Beer better then anyth

I enjoy a good craft brew, right now I have Troegs Hopback Amber in the kegerator at home. However, there are certain times when I need a ice cold Bud in the can.

Now matter how many premium beers I enjoy, and I enjoy a lot of them, the ice cold can of Bud will never be replaced.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Connoisseur

Re: Do you sometimes just plain enjoy a good old fashion Macro Beer better then anyth

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkyBanjo View Post
    the ice cold can of Bud will never be replaced.
    Yeah, I cannot relate to that sentiment at all.

However, if you said, "the ice cold bottle of Budweiser Budvar will never be replaced", I might be able to feel you a bit, despite it being a lager and all.

Guru

Back when I was drinking on an almost daily basis, I would occasionally take a blue-collar break. During one such period I resorted to drinking a bottle of Bud along with a generous pour of Evan Williams. It was pleasant to rediscover the pleasure of drinking products that I could drink without worrying that I should be recording tasting notes.

Recently I tried the fairly new Michelob Pale Ale. To my taste it's either an excellent, well-hopped macro, or a mediocre micro -- neither fish nor fowl as my old professor used to say. I probably won't buy it again.

Even so, I probably won't be able to resist trying the Bud American Ale.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbassdad View Post
    Back when I was drinking on an almost daily basis, I would occasionally take a blue-collar break. During one such period I resorted to drinking a bottle of Bud along with a generous pour of Evan Williams. It was pleasant to rediscover the pleasure of drinking products that I could drink without worrying that I should be recording tasting notes.

Recently I tried the fairly new Michelob Pale Ale. To my taste it's either an excellent, well-hopped macro, or a mediocre micro -- neither fish nor fowl as my old professor used to say. I probably won't buy it again.

Even so, I probably won't be able to resist trying the Bud American Ale.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Dave the Bud American Ale is a very Nice Ale! I was shocked at how nice it was as I do not Drink Budweiser but The day I got it I was at my Beer Distrubers and The Baseball Hall of Fame Player Richie Ashburns son John works for a large beer Distriibuter that sells Bud in Norristown Pa and he was such a Nice Guy giving Samples of Bud American Ale and a Hot Dog and I told him about meeting his dad. When I went in I bought a case as the sample He gave me tasted very Good! Give it a try!
    Dave Z

Guru

Well, I can enjoy the plain old "macro" beers, very much. I still occasionally buy Bud and right now I have whatever's left of a six-pack of Michelob. I enjoy Yuengling very much, too.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Trippah and Admin

My friends often bring macro beers over when we have our summer parties and I've found that the leftovers work great for catching slugs and as a surfactant in my pump sprayer for weed killers that require a wetting agent.

I did get a small sample of the Bud American Ale and the flavor profile favors the original Samuel Adams.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Disciple

When I do drink beer, my favorite is Killians Red. It is a little more potent than some of the other regular beers but has a great taste!

Thomas

Connoisseur

yuengling lager is about as macro as i can go...but i admit, i don't mind a basic Miller ... and when i want something light and thin with a touch of flavor, i might accept a free Budweiser or Coors (no lights!)

give me a basic hoppy sam adams, sierra nevada any day
    HUP!

In my case? Never.

I do like a beer now and then, but I drink much stronger stuff like Stone Pale Ale. I really like Double IPA's and beers like Pliny the Elder.

On a trip back east I had a Harpoon Leviathan IPA that I liked, as well as a Harpoon Winter Warmer. I did have a Yeungling, which is something I can't get on the west coast, and I thought it was ok even though it was much lighter than what I usually drink.

The other "lighter" beer I like is Genesee Cream Ale, but that's not macro either. Bud Miller or Coors? Never drink 'em. Used to, can't stand them anymore.

Joel
    "Oh Bother!" said Pooh as he slapped another magazine in his AK-47...

http://vinesnwines.blogspot.com