Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

The Bourbon Review: MIA?

Has anyone spotted any recent editions of The Bourbon Review. I received a copy of the Summer 2009 edition which was the 1st of 4 editions when I subscribed for a year, but have yet to see any further editions. Unfortunately my attempts to contact them via their web site have gone unanswered

Trippah and Admin

Re: The Bourbon Review: MIA?

If you are on Facebook, you may want to try to contact them there. I see periodic updates on their Twitter via Facebook. Look for BourbonRevMag
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Taster

Cam,

what is on the cover of that edition? I will take a look locally and see if a different one is out.

Ox has a good idea. Bourbon Review is active and facebook and twitter. I would send them a message that way for quick response.

-Clay

Hey Guys, thanks for the updates. I'm not so worried about my subscription.... it's only a few $$, but I'd hate to see what seems to be a good thing they've got going fade away.

Clay, the last edition I received has the cover with the fancy glass sitting on a bar... (if that helps,) and thanks for offering to look around

Thanks for starting this thread. Come to think of it, I signed up for a subscription at the KBF and haven't seen an issue yet. Does anyone know when the next issue is due out? Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

I don't remember if it is a quarterly or not and it does not state any info about that in the mag.
    The last issue I have is dated Summer 2009 that has the martini glass on the cover.
    Here's a number from the mag for subscriptions, advertising and distribution, 800-489-8414.
    ovh

Advanced Taster

I purchased it at the KBF as well. I cannot recall if they were giving out the Fall edition or the Summer. Will need to double check.

Regardless, this by far is what I would consider the best whiskey mag since it is dedicated solely to bourbon out of the "Malt Advocate / Whisky Mag" variety (Which reminds me, I need to also sign up for Chuck Cowdery's newsletter, just have not gotten around to it yet ).

Granted, from reading the last year and a half’s magazines from the BR handouts at their KBF stand, they truly have very interesting insights on things. Funny thing was, when looking at the free magazines the publishers were handing out at the KBF, Whisky Mag and Malt Advocate were basically supported by bourbon advertising, and those 2 had no bourbon articles. Couldn't quite understand why there was not even a bourbon article in the Fall Mall Advocate, since it is a domestic product and the bourbon festival was taking place. My father and I got a chuckle out of that one.

Cam I got the fall issue a long time ago say late September I would contact them. For those of you that signed up at the KBF their subscription dept is slow your subscription probably won't start till the winter edition comes out in late December. If you don't get it then contact them. I didn't get mine when I was supposed to and they made it right with 2 free back issues.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShewDawg View Post
    I purchased it at the KBF as well. I cannot recall if they were giving out the Fall edition or the Summer. Will need to double check.

Regardless, this by far is what I would consider the best whiskey mag since it is dedicated solely to bourbon out of the "Malt Advocate / Whisky Mag" variety (Which reminds me, I need to also sign up for Chuck Cowdery's newsletter, just have not gotten around to it yet ).

Granted, from reading the last year and a half’s magazines from the BR handouts at their KBF stand, they truly have very interesting insights on things. Funny thing was, when looking at the free magazines the publishers were handing out at the KBF, Whisky Mag and Malt Advocate were basically supported by bourbon advertising, and those 2 had no bourbon articles. Couldn't quite understand why there was not even a bourbon article in the Fall Mall Advocate, since it is a domestic product and the bourbon festival was taking place. My father and I got a chuckle out of that one.
    There was an article about the bourbon festival written by Chuck in the fall Malt Advocate.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Cam I got the fall issue a long time ago say late September I would contact them. For those of you that signed up at the KBF their subscription dept is slow your subscription probably won't start till the winter edition comes out in late December. If you don't get it then contact them. I didn't get mine when I was supposed to and they made it right with 2 free back issues.
    Thanks heaps for that. I purchased their first years magazines (4 in total) and a years subscription. So far I've been very impressed with each magazine.... I'm just bummed I didn't get a Fall one yet, and that no one is answering my attempts to email them