Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Taster

Re: Members of Bourbon Distilleries "Clubs"

So far only calenders from Old Forrester and the gift wrap from Makers Mark.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone.
    J.W.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by J.W. View Post
    So far only calenders from Old Forrester and the gift wrap from Makers Mark.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone.
    J.W.
    Same here.

Is it sacrilidge that I wrapped my father in laws scotch in the Makers Mark paper?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Is it sacrilege that I wrapped my father in laws scotch in the Makers Mark paper?
    If you're an Ambassador isn't it mandatory?

Merry Christmas all

Roger

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I got a free punch in the face for being a member of the Ten High "High Flyers". The experience of drinking the stuff is similar, only more painful.
    Haha....funny stuff!!! And here i was last winter at a friends house having supper with his wife and kids; what does he pull out of the closet? Ten High!!! I nearly fell off the chair. Eyaiyai... I really appreciated great bourbon after a glass of that on ice. BB

Disciple

From the Bardstown Bourbon Society (HH) I received a pewter pin and a $5 off rebate for EWSB, HMcK or VSOF. From the Rare Breed society I recieved an email.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Virtuoso

I wrapped my nieces's Christmas presents in the Maker's Mark paper, and even used the tags (face down). Nobody noticed. It told them after the fact.

Guru

The Wife did the same for some of my gifts thinking I would not notice. I did, and the paper was quite nice. The tags were a treat also.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Novice

I don't think I've gotten anything more than a postcard from the Rare Breed Society in the 4 years I've belonged - So much for it being such a great and "Rare Opportunity." Rare if I get anything is more like it - I'd even take an email at this point. Hopefully when they get bought out things will change. Its not like I'm expecting to be showered with thousands of dollars of free goodies or given the world on a silver platter, but if you're going to be the one pushing a customer rewards program, then it's your obligation to follow through, and at least make the effort to show the customer a little appreciation every now and again.

I was also going to say something about what WT passes off as their website, but the less said the better. . .

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JFS61 View Post
    I don't think I've gotten anything more than a postcard from the Rare Breed Society in the 4 years I've belonged - So much for it being such a great and "Rare Opportunity." Rare if I get anything is more like it - I'd even take an email at this point. Hopefully when they get bought out things will change. Its not like I'm expecting to be showered with thousands of dollars of free goodies or given the world on a silver platter, but if you're going to be the one pushing a customer rewards program, then it's your obligation to follow through, and at least make the effort to show the customer a little appreciation every now and again.

I was also going to say something about what WT passes off as their website, but the less said the better. . .
    I'm waiting for the discounts on WT products they promised also. How many bottles of Rare Breed did you tell them you buy a year. Maybe that has something to do with the rewards. Apparently if you buy 6 or less a year you are a nobody.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JFS61 View Post
    I don't think I've gotten anything more than a postcard from the Rare Breed Society in the 4 years I've belonged - So much for it being such a great and "Rare Opportunity." Rare if I get anything is more like it - I'd even take an email at this point.
    Same here. I mailed one of those tags in 4 or 5 years ago and have not heard a single thing back from them. I believe I even emailed them a couple of times about this, just to make sure I was actually signed up and that my card hadn't been lost in the mail, but I've never gotten any response from them. I never expected to receive much from this but the lack of acknowledgment is a bit of a disappointment as is the fact that in the past few years I believe I've heard of others getting promo items for being a part of this. On the other hand I don't think anything they would send me would top the WT Glencairn one of their reps gave me at an event a while back. :]
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas