Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Taster

Ryes on sale at Shopper's Vineyard

Got this earlier this AM:

Everyone who buys from me knows my eLetters are always great deals. Not everyone may buy what I promote, but I think weíve known each other long to know I donít offer something unless I know Iím going to give you a great value. Well, Iíve put together an e-mail that I think strengthens my point. Today Iím going to promote Rittenhouse Bottled in Bond 100 Proof Rye and Vintage Rye 23yr Rye. I have two quick stories on these ryes:

Rittenhouse Bottled in Bond is an award winning rye. Itís comes from Heaven Hill Distillery and was named, ďNorth American Whiskey of the YearĒ at the 2006 San Francisco Spirits Competition. This rye retailed for about $14/bottle and it always sold out. It was also hard to get. Until recently, I hadnít gotten a delivery in about 8 months. Iím going to run a special price: $11.99/bottle. Thatís the cheapest around.

The second item Iím promoting is Vintage Rye 23yr Rye, which comes from the Kentucky Bourbon Distillery. I classify this as an ďinventory reductionĒ promotion. Iím sitting with a fair bit of cases and I want to move them through the system. Iím going to put it on sale for $89.99/bottle. The average price of this item is $100/bottle. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
    http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/prod....asp?pID=32192

http://www.shoppersvineyard.com/prod....asp?pID=34380

I didn't get any Vintage 23. Even at the sale price, it's a little more than I'm looking to spend right now. I did jump on a few of the Rittenhouse. It's been one I've wanted to try for a while but had never found any available. Now I've got a couple to drink and a couple to put in reserve for a rainy day.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Ryes on sale at Shopper's Vineyard

Just for reference, at Sam's in Chicago the standard, every day price for Rittenhouse Rye BIB is $12.99.

Taster

Re: Ryes on sale at Shopper's Vineyard

Thanks! Not sure if they ship into Michigan. I'll check and keep them in mind for next time.