Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Pimms

Guru

Pimms

I have never had this U.K. product but have seen references to it...as a classic summer drink:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/wine/main...han-ray104.xml

Binny's carries Pimms Cup No.1 Gin Sling - the same as the classic?
    ($17.99)

Advanced Taster

Re: Pimms

When I was in the Army and stationed from time to time with our British allies, they'd brighten up the summers by using PIMM's as a key ingredient in "artillery punch". I got the impression that one could throw in just about any fruit available, as well as ginger ale, fruit juice, whatever. But lots of Pimm's was a given.

The punch was very refreshing, but it had a way of sneaking up on the unwary. It is my observation that British military folk in general have the ability to put away rather more booze than their Yankee counterparts and that in trying to keep up one is likely to make an utter fool of himself. Or maybe that's just me.

At any rate, don't be afraid to get a bottle of Pimm's and experiment.

Cheers!
    Mark

Connoisseur

my aunt was introduced to it in the UK last year...she bought some here (goes for abou $16 or so here in PA) and made me a yummy cocktail...boy this stuff is good and one of the few things i really enjoyed all summer long...those bottles go down WAY too fast...!

mixes GREAT with ginger ale, but i made a mean Nestea version with a touch of angostura bitters and a splash of lime.

give it a try. just wish it was higher proof...!
    HUP!

Disciple

This stuff mixed with ginger ale seems like it would taste like a sloe gin fizz (one of my favorite summer beverages).

Connoisseur

Pimm's is great, although I got very very drunk on it on my 25th birthday, and had to take a 10 year hiatus from it.