Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Doesn't Taste Like Apple

AppleJacks go good with everything, but just for kicks try bourbon with a breakfast cereal (not necessarily for breakfast :P). What say you?

Enthusiast

Re: Doesn't Taste Like Apple

I don't want to ruin my Bourbon with cereal...however if Kellogg's developed, in concert with the Van Winkle family, bourbon flakes then I might try it.
    Jason
    "The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

2010 Fantasy Football Champion

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin10 View Post
    AppleJacks go good with everything, but just for kicks try bourbon with a breakfast cereal (not necessarily for breakfast :P). What say you?
    Its late so I'm sure I'm not thinking clearly. Do you pour the bourbon in your corn flakes or just snack on the ceareal while enjoying a drink?

A few people I know have "Breakfast Bourbons" those they consider mild enough to start an early day with. I like a little bourbon in my coffee so its probably not much of a stretch to snack on some cereal while enjoying a drink. But....I don't think I can hold up long to a good bowl of cheerios and Booker's Bourbon.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Novice

Wow, I didn't even think of putting the bourbon in the cereal.
    Earlier tonight (it's ~ 1 AM here in IL) I had just poured a drink and realized that I had a taste for cereal. So I drank the bourbon and ate my AppleJacks (separately). Worked fairly well, I think. I don't have a particularly well developed palette (or a "palette" at all really), but they did not seem to clash.

Guru

Earlier tonight (it's ~ 1 AM here in IL) I had just poured a drink and realized that I had a taste for cereal. So I drank the bourbon and ate my AppleJacks (separately). Worked fairly well, I think. I don't have a particularly well developed palette (or a "palette" at all really), but they did not seem to clash.

I figured that's what you meant.

Try snacking on Chex Mix while drinking bourbon. Its good

Where in IL. are you from?

Connoisseur

Okay! I'm convinced. I'm off to the grocery store for Chex Mix and Apple Jacks. The thought occured to me that this combination of cereal and whiskey could be the new midlle-aged man's health food. You get everything you need to spend a vigorous day on the couch watching your favorite sport on TV. I'd have to add some beef jerky if I was going to go rake leaves or something

Thanx for the tip!
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Guru

Any Wild Turkey iteration goes particularly well with Chex Mix.