Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Dagnabit! Pappy allocations

Who in the state of Texas does one have to kill to find a few bottles of Pappy 20? The stuff was supposedly just released in September, and none of the places I've checked out in DFW have any left? Same for George T. Stagg, apparently.

Gah! Do I need to pitch a tent on specific days of the year outside the liquor store?

<pouting>
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Advanced Taster

Re: Dagnabit! Pappy allocations

Don't know what to tell you about the Pappy, but the Stagg is not out yet. I saw a few places with Pappy 20 in Dallas a few months ago.. but all of them wanted 160$!!!
    HiroProtagonist: I am still trying to figure out what hookers and salsa have to do with each other..

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEdwards View Post
    Who in the state of Texas does one have to kill to find a few bottles of Pappy 20? The stuff was supposedly just released in September, and none of the places I've checked out in DFW have any left? Same for George T. Stagg, apparently.

Gah! Do I need to pitch a tent on specific days of the year outside the liquor store?

<pouting>
    Not sure if the new Pappy has been released yet.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Stagg (and all BTAC), even when released now in KY, does not generally become available in Texas until right around Thanksgiving.

Enthusiast

I was told the Pappy in my parts (TN) is released close to Christmas. Beginning of december I was told by a few of the liquor store owners.

In my neck o' the wood, Pappy 20 comes along with Stagg & other BTAC. I've got dibs on a case of each including pappy. I'm thirsty!

Connoisseur

I rarely see BTAC or Pappy's in Dallas. I'm pretty sure you've exhausted the few places I've pointed you too. In the few stores I found any Pappy's the owner said they were special ordered for someone that never paid.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by theDon View Post
    I rarely see BTAC or Pappy's in Dallas. I'm pretty sure you've exhausted the few places I've pointed you too. In the few stores I found any Pappy's the owner said they were special ordered for someone that never paid.
    Day after payday, a full tank of gas, and no specific plans except to go bourbon shopping today.

I scored three bottles of Pappy 20, a bottle of Pappy 15, a bottle of GTS and, just because it looked interesting, a bottle of Willet in the pot-still bottle.

I am now stocked at minimal until-next-year levels of Pappy.
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by MarkEdwards View Post
    Day after payday, a full tank of gas, and no specific plans except to go bourbon shopping today.

I scored three bottles of Pappy 20, a bottle of Pappy 15, a bottle of GTS and, just because it looked interesting, a bottle of Willet in the pot-still bottle.

I am now stocked at minimal until-next-year levels of Pappy.
    Good job! That wasn't in Dallas though per your PM. It was in Ft. Worth. I guess I need to head out west!

Guru

The new Pappy release has just shown up locally (No KY). So far I've only seen (just checked one store) Lot B, and PVW20 ---- no PVW15.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."