Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have it?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Do you have it?

Whiskirexia nervosa is a whiskey buying disorder characterized by a distorted whiskey inventory image and an obsessive fear of running out of whiskey. Individuals with whiskirexia nervosa tend to already own more whiskey than they can ever drink, even as they continue to buy more.

Virtuoso

Re: Do you have it?

Hi, my names Tony and I have Whiskirexia nervosa! I'd like to thank everyone for having me here!

Thanks!
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Welcome, Tony. Who's next?

Guru

Does an obsessive desire to aquire an inventory of quality samples of every major style and sub category (that I enjoy) qualify?

Edited to add: Apart from my "drinking stash".
    Last edited by ILLfarmboy; 11-22-2008 at 11:17.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post
    Hi, my names Tony and I have Whiskirexia nervosa! I'd like to thank everyone for having me here!

Thanks!
    I was going to out Tony...Though I support his disorder!
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post

Thanks!

errrr... My Name is Emerald and I will see you at the meetings Tony

I do understand there is only one cure: Increase intake!

Disciple

Hi, my name is Thomas and I have whiskirexia nervosa maximus. I was recently perscribed some George T Stagg to ease the symptoms!

Thomas

Guru

I concur with ThomasH, a Stagg prescription is a valid remedy.
    ovh

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Whiskirexia nervosa is a whiskey buying disorder characterized by a distorted whiskey inventory image and an obsessive fear of running out of whiskey. Individuals with whiskirexia nervosa tend to already own more whiskey than they can ever drink, even as they continue to buy more.
    My image of my whiskey inventory is not distorted, I have a fairly accurate spreadsheet telling me exactly how much whiskey I have.

I have no great fear of running out of whiskey anytime soon, thanks to the aforementioned spreadsheet.

I do not have more whiskey that I could reasonably drink (assuming I live to anywhere near the standard life expectancy for someone my age), so therefore it would be okay for me to continue to purchase whiskey.

So based upon this thorough analysis, there is no way I could qualify for the mentioned ailment. Thank you for clarifying this for me, I was beginning to get worried, but that seems to have been unwarranted.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

Post Re: Do you have it?

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I don't have it. A few years ago, I may have, but not any more. It is made easier by the fact that my state has very few interesting items to choose from.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur