Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have it?

Guru

Re: Do you have it?

I got it......Bad.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Hi, My name is Joe and I have Whiskirexia Nervosa. I have gone 4 hours without buying a bottle of bourbon. I'd like to thank you all for being here for me.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Whiskirexia nervosa is a whiskey buying disorder characterized by a distorted whiskey inventory image and an obsessive fear of running out of whiskey. Individuals with whiskirexia nervosa tend to already own more whiskey than they can ever drink, even as they continue to buy more.
    Ummm, my name is Brad and I too have Whisikirexia nervosa. Umm, on my last trip to North Dakota, I went in to a liquor store just to see what theyu had in the way of bourbon. I didn't buy any, just looked......

Hi, My name is Joe and I have Whiskirexia Nervosa. I have gone 5 minutes without thinking about buying a bottle of bourbon. I'd like to thank you all for being here for me. Ooops. Excuse me. I just spilled my Weller 12. Damn! I'll have to buy another bottle.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

My name is Scott and I am currently receiving treatment for Whiskirexia Nervosa. It has been 3 days since I have brought any new bourbon into my house, though I can see a relapse in the near future!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Virtuoso

I knew there was a name for it. I actually have been studying this phenomenon in myself for quite sometime, so I thought this diagnostic tool might be helpful.

Questions to ask yourself to determine if you have Whiskirexia Nervosa:

1. Do you have a better whiskey collection than most restaurants and bars in your city? state? country?

2. Do you have bottles stored in the bedroom? the bathroom? the kids' room(s)?

3. Do your local liquor store owners/staff know you by name?

4. Do you have on-line liquor stores bookmarked?

5. Have you ever missed work to ensure you're home to sign for a parcel that requires an adult signature?

6. If you leave a liquor store empty-handed do you feel disappointed? Panicky? Do you develop a rash?

7. Do you have a written inventory of your bottles? When someone comes over for a drink, do you offer them a printed list?

8. When travelling, do you visit liquor stores just in case they have something you can't find at home?

9. Do you spend more time buying whiskey than drinking it?

10. Have you ever considered opening a bar, just with the stock you currently own?

If you've answered yest to five or more of these questions, you may have Whiskirexia Nevosa (also known as Whiskyrexia Nevosa). You should consider seeking immediate medical attention.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by RM High View Post
    Ummm, my name is Brad and I too have Whisikirexia nervosa. Umm, on my last trip to North Dakota, I went in to a liquor store just to see what theyu had in the way of bourbon. I didn't buy any, just looked......
    I'm edo and I do this at stores in my own town, including my own neighborhood and I do it regularly just to see if there's been any change. I have a notepad for prices.

I do this in spite of buying mostly online now. I got a shipment of six bottles today.

I hit five out of ten on the skulist. Am I borderline?
    Last edited by edo; 11-23-2008 at 00:31.

Virtuoso

I lied. It was eight bottles in my November shipment, (two were Scotch, though) ...

I'm cutting back next month ... if nothing's on sale.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sku View Post

7. Do you have a written inventory of your bottles? When someone comes over for a drink, do you offer them a printed list?
    ovh

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

Thanks for giving my condition a name Chuck. I realized there was something going on when my housekeeper said that I had opened bottles/decanters with glassware in seven different rooms in my house. Den, dining room, kitchen, tv room, computer room, formal living room and master bed room plus a handle of Beam Black out in the BBQ pit. "You don't want to have to go very far when you or your friends want a drink" I said. She gave me an unconvinced look.....like I was odd in this behavior. Glad to see I'm normal around here.

Randy

PS

Is the most valuable piece of furniture in your house used to showcase your best bottles/collection?

Was buying said piece the only time you've ever been to a furniture store?