Quote Originally Posted by sku View Post
I knew there was a name for it. I actually have been studying this phenomenon in myself for quite sometime, so I thought this diagnostic tool might be helpful.

Questions to ask yourself to determine if you have Whiskirexia Nervosa:
Okay, I'll give it a go.

1. Do you have a better whiskey collection than most restaurants and bars in your city? state? country?
But, of course!

That's one.

2. Do you have bottles stored in the bedroom? the bathroom? the kids' room(s)?
Bedroom? Check! Bathroom? Check!

That's two.
3. Do your local liquor store owners/staff know you by name?
Interestingly, no...and I'd like to keep it that way.

4. Do you have on-line liquor stores bookmarked?
They don't ship to KY anyway, so there's no point.

5. Have you ever missed work to ensure you're home to sign for a parcel that requires an adult signature?
See the former.

6. If you leave a liquor store empty-handed do you feel disappointed? Panicky? Do you develop a rash?
Actually that sensation would be relief...

7. Do you have a written inventory of your bottles? When someone comes over for a drink, do you offer them a printed list?
Nope, mine's digital, and that information would be "need to know" and nobody else really needs to know...and what is this you speak of? "People coming over for a drink?" Never heard of such a thing.

8. When travelling, do you visit liquor stores just in case they have something you can't find at home?
What other use is there in traveling?

That's three.

9. Do you spend more time buying whiskey than drinking it?
Nope...but I combine trips with other shopping, so I don't have to count the driving time.

10. Have you ever considered opening a bar, just with the stock you currently own?
Hell no...I've worked in bars for years, you couldn't pay me enough to deal with those types of employees.

If you've answered yest to five or more of these questions, you may have Whiskirexia Nevosa (also known as Whiskyrexia Nevosa). You should consider seeking immediate medical attention.
Only three, I seem pretty safe.