Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you have it?

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Re: Do you have it?

Yes, the garage.

Her half has the Bimmer, rolling flower pots, garden tools, a few pillows and an assortment of candles in waiting.

My half has the toolbox, sportbike, asst weaponry and keg refrigerator.

Nothing lies on the DMZ.
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Pillows or no, The Patty is still a saint.

Connoisseur

I don't know if I qualify. I don't have more whisk(e)y than I could possibly drink even though it might take me 10 years.
    Illuminati in training

Virtuoso

well hell.... who doesn't !!!!
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

You just may have Whiskirexia Nervosa when while at Church for the first time in a couple of months...(Well OK, maybe a little longer than that...) you begin to dig on the powerful words in the Processional Hymn, "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name". During the second verse you glance down to notice that a certain Oliver Handel wrote the music for this song in.....1792...Hmmm...Which of course gets your mind to wondering that "I drained my last bottle of 1792 a few weeks ago"...and, "That really is a nice looking bottle, I need more"....and also begin pondering "I wonder what's going to happen to Barton with BT now owning them?"...and, "Wouldn't a Barton SB Barrel purchase be interesting?"...and, "I wonder if Oliver Handel was a bourbon drinker?"...and, "Do you think Oliver Handel knew Elijah Craig?"........................................... .................................................. , until the hymn is over, the congregation sits, and you're still standing with this deep and thoughtful look on your face.

You know you gots it then....

Thunderstorms are moving through the area tonight. I don't think I'll step outside...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Enthusiast

The official soon to be released DSM V (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition) will have either BRAD as a new addition to Axis I illnesses.

B
    ourbon or Rye Acquisition Disorder (it may also be referred to as R-BAD)

This I gleaned from being told about SRAD over at badgerandblade.com

Straight Razor Acquisition Disorder
    "It hasn't cured my broken heart, but it sure helps a lot."
    -Ernest Tubb

Virtuoso

I truly thought I was getting better, until tis week. I have a work trip planned and mapped out all the cities I have to go through as well as the liquor stores of each city. Looks like I still have it! I'll see you all in the what did you purchase today thread on Tuesday !

Cheers!
    Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Advanced Taster

Count me in!!! I set out on my last Bourbon haul wanting to send $400-$500..figured that would last me all day...

Only problem was that budget only last the first 3 stores...there were many more stores to follow...just have to buy things when you see them.

Enthusiast

I have a bourbon, whiskey, beer, cocktail, massive spirit, wine, brandy, digestif, aperitif, I'll have another one of those... nutyness things that I can't stop. I am not sure people can help with my classification... but... can I just say I belong and can join your support group?!

I have bottles in drawers right now cause I have no room (I am not making this up), do I have a problem??
    Visit the search for glory in the bottle: http://imbibehour.blogspot.com/
    My video reviews http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...16DDF465CBC112

Advanced Taster

WELL...I can truthfully claim a remission, I have been in Iraq for 16 months and haven't bought a bottle (OK I lied, last NOV on vacation we visited BT and I did buy 3 bottles; but only because I thought it was a requirement)

HOWEVER I feel a relapse coming on when I get home, especially since joining this enabling group, starting with the 3 bottles of GTS a buddy has reserved for me.