Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Do you have it?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Do you have it?

A quote from Gary Regan: "I'm not a writer with a drinking problem, I'm a drinker with a writing problem."

Guru

There is news on the research side of this affliction. It was done independant of any outside influences. It seems that the condition described here in this thread can not only be brought under control, but can be cured 100%.

I was innoculated by a new and more recent virus created in the lab... Accountus Emptius. It seems that this new virus does not actually cure WN, but renders it severly impaired. Early results are promising. Side effects are still being discovered. There is a yet to be named phenomenon that prompts patients to search bunkers and deplete them at an accelerated rate. Further research will be monitored and reported.

Of course the patient must want to be cured. The first blind trials indicate that this is a huge problem, one that has researchers scratching their heads in amazement.

Accountus is also not as strong a strain as WN, and the effects seem to be temporary. Researchers are quick to point out a 100% resitivism rate once AE wears off.

Just an update...
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Virtuoso

My doctor has diagnosed my remission as caused by Retiremntitus Synrome. A condition I hope to cure soon.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by SBOmarc View Post
    There is news on the research side of this affliction. It was done independant of any outside influences. It seems that the condition described here in this thread can not only be brought under control, but can be cured 100%.

I was innoculated by a new and more recent virus created in the lab... Accountus Emptius. It seems that this new virus does not actually cure WN, but renders it severly impaired. Early results are promising. Side effects are still being discovered. There is a yet to be named phenomenon that prompts patients to search bunkers and deplete them at an accelerated rate. Further research will be monitored and reported.

Of course the patient must want to be cured. The first blind trials indicate that this is a huge problem, one that has researchers scratching their heads in amazement.

Accountus is also not as strong a strain as WN, and the effects seem to be temporary. Researchers are quick to point out a 100% resitivism rate once AE wears off.

Just an update...
    Marc some moths ago I found myself with a case of this. It seems mine was due to the automotive industry and lack of work. The government supplement (AKA placebo) or unemployment as it's referred to by the government officials, leaving my bank account with a severe case of "Accountus Emptius". Seemed at the end of the month I just never had enough left over to support the bunker!

Thanks for the info I knew there was a name for it!

Regards,

Tony

PS. Just to keep everyone updated, I still have it, though learning to cope with it as of late (a job helps!).
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Taster

Yes, roadtrips to Nashville , Atlanta, and Pensacola cures the urge. Dr Frugal MacDoogal helps the Alabama strain of outbreak.
    "Mama wanted me to be a preacher. I told her coachin' and preachin' were alot alike." Paul Bryant

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I momentarily showed some frightening symptoms...but once I got my years' allocation of BTAC, all seems better...if only they'd discontinue Saz18 I'd never have this issue...
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile