Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have it?

Connoisseur

Re: Do you have it?

Oh I have it, but not as bad as the others...that's what I tell my wife!
    Todd

Good news! (I think.) I've been generally cured , by a combination of time, a hyper-active consciousness which tolerates only varied interests, and better uses for my money. My remaining weakness remains the relationships I've collected while consumed with the stuff, which I hope never diminish.
    Today, I hate myself for 'wasting' (remember -- I STILL have a fair number of quite drinkable bottles on the shelves in the pantry) money on whiskey, and stay out of liquor stores in which I don't work.
    It's not impossible --you CAN lick this thing! If, of course, you want to.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

More, Top Ten signs that you may have Whiskirexia Nervosa:

10. Finally, you gladly accept an invitation for dinner at your wife's goofy best friend and her goofier husbands house, when you realize they live in a part of town you haven't "hunted" yet.

9. You no longer crack up with uncontrollable giggles when somebody describes some bourbons as having a "hint of anise" taste.

8. Although you hated any science class, and squeaked through high school chemistry, you now think you're Louis Pasteur, because you own a Buffalo Trace "Experimental Collection".

7. You dump your membership in the Sierra Club when you realize, " There's plenty good to come from cuttin' down American White Oak!"

6. You can't name the last 2 Super Bowl Champs, but you CAN name every "Bourbonian of the Year".

5. Parker Beam and Jimmy Russell are forced to get restraining orders on you so you'll quit hugging them every time you see them.

4. You tell Bill Gates "Thanks, but no thanks", to his Executive Vice President and Second in Command job, because you have it on good authority that Washington state's bourbon selection "Isn't competitive with other offers you have in Kentucky".

3. You tell your only daughter she can't get married in late April as she hoped, because it conflicts with KBF.

2. When the Hell's Angels pull into your local bar, and order up a round of Jack Daniel's, you knock back a shot of Stagg and begin to jeer and taunt them with quips like, "Hey Alice, how 'bout a skirt with that drink!"

1. Having been a life long agnostic, you suddenly accept the existence of God because you think it's a way to take part in the Angel's Share.

I gots da sickness...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Taster

I live in alabama and every time i go out of state. the back end of my car looks like an old fashion bootlegger. Beer weighs more. two to three cases plus about five bottles of spirits.
    "Mama wanted me to be a preacher. I told her coachin' and preachin' were alot alike." Paul Bryant

Advanced Taster

I think we should have a Whiskyrexia Nervose Anonymous meeting...

At the Liquor Barn!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I think we should have a Whiskyrexia Nervose Anonymous meeting...

At the Liquor Barn!
    Great idea! I like it, but I believe Chuck is having the first meeting at the Binny's South Loop Store on the 13th of December. Come on up if you can make it.
    No promises of a cure but just understanding we have a problem...and knowing is half the battle.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

I have it so bad, that I thought Tony's post read, "....and knowing is half the bottle." My name is Joe and................
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Stopped at two liquor stores today while traveling out of town. Both had really good selections of bourbon. The only thing I bought was a 50 ml of Old Forester for my collection. Looks like I'm getting there. My name is still Joe..............

Guru

I've been a good boy....no bourbon purchases. That is until my sister called from North Carolina and says "Uh...I'm at this big liquor warehouse and they have a whole section on bourbon...do you need anything?"

No...but that didn't stop me from getting a bottle of Repeal for $20 and a PKXO for another $20. HELP!!!!
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Well the New Year is upon us. My name is Joe and......DAMN! Happy New Year gang! Joe