Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

Quote Originally Posted by bvscfanatic View Post
    On the other hand, I HAVE learned (the hard way) not to be TOO much of a tightwad. No bourbon is a bargain if you have to hold your nose to swallow it.
    LMAO! I have no idea who you are, but your remark is exactly why you stay away from the "bottom" shelf.

Dawn

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    LMAO! I have no idea who you are, but your remark is exactly why you stay away from the "bottom" shelf.

Dawn
    I suppose a thank you is in order, because I found three liters of Eagle Rare 101 from Frankfort on the bottom shelf of a well known liquor store on Main in Greenwood, for what I consider giveaway prices. It certainly doesn't drink like bottom shelf whiskey though :-)

Never neglect the bottom shelf!

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    I suppose a thank you is in order, because I found three liters of Eagle Rare 101 from Frankfort on the bottom shelf of a well known liquor store on Main in Greenwood, for what I consider giveaway prices. It certainly doesn't drink like bottom shelf whiskey though :-)

Never neglect, but always scrutinize!!!
    "Finish your bourbon. There are sober children in India." -- Your Mom

Disciple

you never know what you my find or where you may find it....
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Virtuoso

Passed on a first year (06) T H Handy. I'm a bit more choosy when it comes to ryes. Tried a number of them but VWFRR is the only one I've gone back for more of. At $64, it is hard to go out on a limb for the Handy although there is an abundance of upbeat reactions to it found here.

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

That one's not usually on the bottom shelf, so yeah, I'll admit you gotta know what you're looking at. Indy's bottom shelves hold quite a bit of that "walkers deluxe". Go ahead.....give that one a try!

Willie's bottle of Old Whiskey River is in the middle shelf....that one's yummy too.

Love ya,

Dawn

Guru

There is a store in Ypsilanti that has a bottle of the '08 GTStagg, it really seems to out of place because of what part of town it's in.
    I have now passed it up for three consecutive Thursdays.
    ovh

Connoisseur

well, looks like NOW that the whole BTAC collection can be found in my county and the neighboring one of Chester, i will have to pass up on ANY of them...

i wanted to get one of each...or at least the HANDY...but.................

the crucial, outdated circuit board for our heater melted down and had to be replaced...at least it was done within the day...but an HVAC tech recognized the problem....was lucky to find a neo-replacement...but another technician had to come out at 8pm....was there until 11pm....

total cost: $700+ .... ... talk about bad timing!

i guess i can go get that Benchmark at $9.99 now...
    HUP!

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by polyamnesia View Post

total cost: $700+ .... ... talk about bad timing!

i guess i can go get that Benchmark at $9.99 now...
    Ah, but you get to amortize that over the next 20 years so it's only $2.92 a month...so you only have to give up a stick of gum every day for the next 20 years to cover that expense...
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Connoisseur

Red face Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    Ah, but you get to amortize that over the next 20 years so it's only $2.92 a month...so you only have to give up a stick of gum every day for the next 20 years to cover that expense...
    yeah, i am thinking what little things i can cut out...in the long run...and just go GIT that bottle of....

well, in the spirit of what is to be passed up (instead of what-should-i-GIT!), i'll ask this: which 4 BTACs should i pass on?

i hope no one says the Handy....
    HUP!