Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

The new Beam rye, r1, is on the local shelf at $62.99, which is a $20 whiskey in a $40 bottle. I shall continue to pass.

Disciple

I didn't have to, but I passed on a WTRR90. I went to my local specifically looking for it, had it in my hand and didn't pull the trigger. I'm slipping.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Guru

The other day I passed on the Parker Heritage collection. It is priced at $65 which may be a good price.

Disciple

Passed up a few things today: a couple different '07 WTKS, 1997 EWSB, VA Gentleman 80, WT Rye 101 and especially Old Fitz 1849 which I really wanted to try. BUT . . . Weller Antique was only a dollar more and too hard to resist. Amazingly, the WTRRR90 & WTRye 101 were both selling for the same price . . . it's the only time I've seen the 101 in New England.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Disciple

Oh, yeah, I also passed up Saz 18 @ $59, Lot 'B' Autumn '08 for $48 and Kappy's Single Barrel ERSB . . . wanted the Lot 'B' but I have a hard time spending $50 on it when I can get PVW for $50 and Lot 'B' for $40 in NH in the fall. Just have to wait.

Andy

Guru

Still passing on Parkers.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    Still passing on Parkers.
    Still passing on that, eh? Is it the latest 27yr release, or last years Barrel Proof? For $65, I'd get either one of them. The barrel proof is outstanding, and well worth the $65, IMO. And, that is the lowest price I think I've heard for it. If it's the 27yr, hurry and grab it, because that retailer has it priced about $120 too low!
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Don't know the proof, will check.

Disciple

I have been periodically watching the NH Liquor site to monitor the 4 remaining PVW 20s . . . it seems they all sold on Sunday . . . maybe to the same person? They had been sitting since before Christmas and I had almost gotten up the courage (with me recent raise) to buy one. I was sort of relieved and simultaneously disappointed to see they'd gone. That's $100 I won't get a chance to spent until November or so.
    Last edited by funknik; 04-23-2009 at 11:31.

Andy

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

I stopped in at a old liquor store yesterday...Whewwwwwwwwwww the cigarette smoke was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Old geezers at the bar gaukin' that ole gauk Only had a couple of shelves with the standard alkie lineup. Then, I look up and there's this table (dirty) with two Maker's Mark (2005) silver bottles. I think it's Affirmed? They are dirty, one looked as if they tried to clean it too much and marked the paint just a bit. They had a price tag of $47.00 each. I passed, not a serious MM collector.
    Colonel Bettye Jo Boone
    Industrial Maintenance
    Technician/Journeyperson
    Heaven Hill Distilleries
    Bardstown, Kentucky