Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 322
  1. #91
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by squire View Post
    The other day I passed on the Parker Heritage collection. It is priced at $65 which may be a good price.
    Seriously, is that the 2008 Parker's at 96 proof?
    If it is then they have it marked wrong.
    It goes for $180.00 to $200.00.
    I'd get it.
    ovh

  2. #92
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,411

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    27 bottles of Rittenhouse Rye 23 year old. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

  3. #93
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    280

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    The drink of the month, OF Birthday Bourbon. Maybe next week I'll go snag it if I hear it's worthwhile.

  4. #94
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    6,022

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    27 bottles of Rittenhouse Rye 23 year old. Joe


    Come on, Joe! You can get a Bunker Improvement Loan to cover it. It's an investment!
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  5. #95
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,411

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    Okay Joe, I'll fess up. I passed on 27, but bought 4. Just have to figure out how to get them home in one piece. I've packed one or two in my luggage before, but not 4. If I wasn't flying home, I was seriously thinking about buying more/all. Joe
    Last edited by fishnbowljoe; 04-24-2009 at 05:31.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

  6. #96
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,037

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    I have been periodically watching the NH Liquor site to monitor the 4 remaining PVW 20s . . . it seems they all sold on Sunday . . . maybe to the same person? They had been sitting since before Christmas and I had almost gotten up the courage (with me recent raise) to buy one. I was sort of relieved and simultaneously disappointed to see they'd gone. That's $100 I won't get a chance to spent until November or so.
    Andy

    Having just acquired a bottle of this and having my first pour last Saturday night you should have pulled the trigger on this one. It's undescribable and the smoooooothest bourbon you'll ever have. I'm glad I bought mine. But the spring release just came out.
    Paul
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

  7. #97
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    862

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    The PVW 20 is my favorite bourbon to date and I bunkered some based on a thread Chuck had initiated awhile ago (I cant recall it right now). It is still SW whisky, but I am sure even after the SW whisky runs out PVW will remain in the marketplace, but will it still be as good?? This thought made me jump the gun and order a case of 12 bottles.

  8. #98
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,037

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Okay Joe, I'll fess up. I passed on 27, but bought 4. Just have to figure out how to get them home in one piece. I've packed one or two in my luggage before, but not 4. If I wasn't flying home, I was seriously thinking about buying more/all. Joe
    Buy them and mail them to yourself
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

  9. #99
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Andy

    Having just acquired a bottle of this and having my first pour last Saturday night you should have pulled the trigger on this one. It's undescribable and the smoooooothest bourbon you'll ever have. I'm glad I bought mine. But the spring release just came out.
    Yeah, I probably should have, but I'll have another chance . . . they don't stock this is NH regularly, just at the holidays, so I'll have to wait -- Spring release is not an option. I have had the PVW20 before and thought it was really good, but not really worth the price at that time in my bourbon journey -- at this point, all logic has gone out the window with regards to price. Still, with 7 bottles of 12yr SW juice in the bunker, I'm reticent to jump on a $100 bottle. This is all rhetoric of course, since I'll probably end up buying one soon enough.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

    Andy

  10. #100
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,037

    Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vange View Post
    The PVW 20 is my favorite bourbon to date and I bunkered some based on a thread Chuck had initiated awhile ago (I cant recall it right now). It is still SW whisky, but I am sure even after the SW whisky runs out PVW will remain in the marketplace, but will it still be as good?? This thought made me jump the gun and order a case of 12 bottles.
    That's some serious jack!
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Why not today
    By Tennessee Dave in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 12:22
  2. Moonshine, today
    By ratcheer in forum Other American Whiskey
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 18:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top