Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?

You better ....or ELSE!!!!
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Apprentice

I passed up both PVW 20 and 23. I regret it now and am considering driving the hundred or so miles to get them.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Khari View Post
    I passed up both PVW 20 and 23. I regret it now and am considering driving the hundred or so miles to get them.
    What were they priced at?
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by independant View Post
    What were they priced at?
    The 20 was $99 and the 23 was $179.

Trippah and Admin

I passed on a 1.75 of EC 12 at the glorious sale price of 31 bucks.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Khari View Post
    The 20 was $99 and the 23 was $179.
    Rest assured, you made the right decision.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Well, I didn't HAVE to pass them up (what am I saying -- sure I did, I didn't have that kind of money?!) but I left on a shelf last week some $199 Parker's 27yo (is that the correct age?), several '08 William Larue Wellers, a line to the back of the shelf of the most recent Four Roses Mariage, Pogue, some '08 Sazerac 18yo, Pappy 15, Highland Park 18 and 25 yos SMSWs, and even a few Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 10/101s (ya know -- I might just have to go back for those).
    Don't bother PM'ing me -- I won't go back for them unless I really want them. I just don't seem to care who (other than me, I mean) winds up with stuff. Stuff happens, ya know?..
    (By the way, I was looking for reasonably-priced A.H. Hirsch 16yo, which I'd seen before in these stores, but not anymore...)

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon View Post
    Don't bother PM'ing me -- I won't go back for them unless I really want them.
    Aww please go back for me. was all this in one store it sounds like a gold mine
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

Disciple

As a side note, I was told that NY prices were really high and that I would have a hard time there, but I have to VEHEMENTLY disagree! Mass & CT prices are much more inflated and ridiculous, which is why I had such a hard time shopping in NY.

I left a lot of things I wanted and picked up a bunch of cheapo stuff that I can't find up my way instead -- I left: Johhny Drum 86, Weller 12 (in a handle -- my cousin just brought me 2 750s up from Boston and one of the 750s cost the same as a handle in NY -- grrrr!), of the KBD small batch I picked Noah's Mill over Vintage, Rye & Rowan's Creek, I left Corner Creek, 4R Yellow label (which I can get in MA), Old Fitz Prime (opted for an 1849), a dark top, embossed turkey WTKS (for $50 in CT, forget it!), and most painfully a WT American Spirit - - I have been wanting one very badly, but just couldn't pull the trigger at $90 - - maybe next time...this store is right near my family's house in NY so I'll know where to find it . . . I'll probably be dreaming about that American Spirit, hopefully the BTAC & Noah's Mill I scored will help me forget.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Virtuoso

I passed up the opportunity to go shopping for whiskey. I had to sit around and wait for the Satellite TV repair guy for hours.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz